The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Driving Slow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don't get me wrong, love a 0-60 4 second run but am I the only one who appreciates driving through my subdivision crawling in 2nd gear? Just awesome to let off the throttle and hear the growl, even when moving slow. ;)

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
I agree, espcially when you pull up on the throttle and get that whap-whap-whap-whap from the pipes!

Rolling up to 4,000 RPM's and letting off the throttle sounds incredible especially with TK. Windows down of course. ;D

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
5 DOT 0 said:
Rolling up to 4,000 RPM's and letting off the throttle sounds incredible especially with TK. Windows down of course. ;D

uWLQZ.gif

kyfigfam said:
Don't get me wrong, love a 0-60 4 second run but am I the only one who appreciates driving through my subdivision crawling in 2nd gear? Just awesome to let off the throttle and hear the growl, even when moving slow. ;)
I do the same thing, it's like music. I like the random burbles and pops, hoping trackey will enhance that a bit. Nothing make me smile more then the sound of this engine. Well thats not a 100% true but you know what I mean. :)

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
Just qualify your statement with "with my clothes on" and you're covered ! :D

TK does enhancement the music, you'll like it.

Rolling slow past Prii is one of my favorite things about the car. Lift off then apply just a couple mm of throttle so it prevents the j-brake and just cackles.

I went out for a quick drive last night but my throttle responses were limited by a County Sheriff that was following me. Once I got home and pulled in the drive, I realized I still had a blast even though I didn't see anything past 3,500 rpms! That second gear cackle was still awesome.

Glad I'm not the only one who enjoys driving a Boss slow!!!

Very Cool, reminds me of driving my Boss last year into a car show at a chevrolet dealership, local dealer has a show once a month during the summer, on his last show I drove into the den of corvettes and camaros, first gear real slow, the looks was priceless... :eek:. hey kyfig did you turn on TK?

KYBOSSLS said:
Very Cool, reminds me of driving my Boss last year into a car show at a chevrolet dealership, local dealer has a show once a month during the summer, on his last show I drove into the den of corvettes and camaros, first gear real slow, the looks was priceless... :eek:. hey kyfig did you turn on TK?

Not yet, I'm still confused about whether the TK voids the Ford ESP Warranty. I want to buy a 7 year, 36,000 mile warranty but have read conflicting reports about it.

Dvendet

Everyone's entitled to my opinion. ;)
I can't wait until I get my 2nd quarter build in July. In the absence of this orgasmic experience you people are having, I was wondering if anybody has a mp3 file you could share with me so I can play this at max volume in my wife's Prius. Do you think I would be able to fool anyone at the traffic light that I had a 302 under the hood? I am thinking that I could even use this in my Boss so I can listen in stereo. What do you think?

Dvendet

98RedGT

2012 #552
love that growl when driving in low gear
I have not turned on the radio yet, why bother when exhaust pipes make such sweet music :)

KYBOSSLS said:

Hey that wasn't that the 2003 - 2009 Camaro Reunion?

CamaroReunion.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors