The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Drove the Boss for the last time this year (probably)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boss1601 said:
To cover or not to cover? I have the 302 cover bought separately as mine is a no options car. Some post suggest it will scratch the paint. I have no car cover experience, but I do have a nice tight new fully insulated garage. thoughts and opinions?
I cover all 3 Mustangs with the Ford covers every year and no issues.

I personally do not cover the car while its garaged over the winter. As much as they say those covers "breathe", they do trap moisture and dust which is a bad combo. If you have a heated garage it may be OK, but if you don't I would keep it uncovered as fluctuations in the temperature could cause condensation under the cover. What little dust does build up on the paint can be easily sprayed off in the spring or if you are bored you could always detail spray/microfiber the car occasionally over the winter...just my .02

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
Nothing like driving with Werewolves at Lime Rock Park as the last event of the season ! This was taken at 7 AM before the fog lifted, day turned out to be about 65 degrees and sunny. Not bad for November in CT !

IMG_20121112_071312.jpg

That is a cool pic and I'm glad there was none of that white stuff on the ground.

Extension of a great driving year here in MN that started beginning of March. It will probably never happen again, but we've had no snow on the ground here in SE MN since the beginning of March. Had a brief dusting here yesterday but was gone by afternoon. It looks like I'm going to get 9 months of driving the Boss here this year. I just have to be careful with the hard tires in the current temps. Loving every last minute of it. Just turned 10K on my 2012.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
5 DOT 0 said:
That is a cool pic and I'm glad there was none of that white stuff on the ground.

You're not kidding - the only reason why I signed up for the event is that they were light on instructors and wanted to help out. I assumed the weather would be so bad I'd just show up in the track and not drive at all. Ended up to be a good day. I actually had a student, first time on a track, driving this:

http://www.astonmartin.com/cars/v8-vantage-s-coupe

Nice car, too bad we really didn't get to see what it can do. He offered to let me drive it but I told him I can't afford to replace a fender on that thing ;D

TMO Supporting Vendors