The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Drove the Boss for the last time this year (probably)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I parked my daily driver for the last few days and have been driving the Boss. Got it gassed up and cleaned up last night, and it may be up for the winter. We're getting cold weather next week, and rain, and then the long-range forecast for the weekend of Thanksgiving calls for ice. They spray that calcium chloride crap on the roads here, so that will be the end of driving season until some hard rains in the spring. Gonna be a long time til spring.

JonW said:
I parked my daily driver for the last few days and have been driving the Boss. Got it gassed up and cleaned up last night, and it may be up for the winter. We're getting cold weather next week, and rain, and then the long-range forecast for the weekend of Thanksgiving calls for ice. They spray that calcium chloride crap on the roads here, so that will be the end of driving season until some hard rains in the spring. Gonna be a long time til spring.
Me too. Drove it today and tomorrow's in the 50s but then turns nasty on Sunday with snow :mad: I'm definitely putting the GT500 up for the winter on Saturday in my warehouse, but will keep the Boss at home. Hopefully we don't get much accumulation and it warms back up again, but not good odds. Last year I was able to drive the Boss every month of the year, but that was a once in a lifetime winter I'm afraid. I'm guessing we'll be in for a more "normal" long winter this year.

simpsons_nelson_haha2.png

drano38

Wayne
The GT got it's oil change and put on the trailer for the long winter nap.
I'll drive the Boss for a few more weeks if snow stays away.
If not, I get to play with my new Deere garden tractor/snow blower.
Win--win for me.

drano38

Wayne
Change oil
Put fuel stabilizer in tank, and fill
Attach Battery Tender to keep battery charged
If you've got time, wax it up.
Put car cover on if you have one, if not, a simple wash will take care of it next spring.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
We had 4" of snow on Wednesday which is mostly gone. Today through Monday in the 50s & 60s so I will drive around some. Will be doing Winter Mods II starting with MM camber plates, differential oil cooler setup and a full suspension bolt replacement/ retourque program.
Steve

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
Sorry, but I think it's ironic that people are putting their Bosses away and I'm only 2 weeks away from driving mine again! :) Guess I'm a lucky guy that the winters aren't too bad in FL and that I'm heading to Cali for the next 2 of them.

With motorcycles it's very similar to these cars, putting them away for the winter. On the motorcycle forums threads come along like this one and those from the warmer states remind us how it is living in, Cali, Florida, Texas and so on. I'm in a state that has a cold winter so most likely done for the colder portion of the year, although it's just a battery tender removal from driving if the weather permits.

Mine would have normally gone into storage at the end of October. Not this year though. She goes into a shipping container next Thursday. She (and I) are U.K. bound baby!

PTRocks said:
Mine would have normally gone into storage at the end of October. Not this year though. She goes into a shipping container next Thursday. She (and I) are U.K. bound baby!
Wow that's exciting! Hope you can find a track or two over there ;)

Bay Area
For those of you that have to store your Boss. I musty say I am sorry. There is a reason I pay such a high sunshine tax here in SoCal and I will drive mine al,ost every day.

98RedGT

2012 #552
drano38 said:
Change oil
Put fuel stabilizer in tank, and fill
Attach Battery Tender to keep battery charged
If you've got time, wax it up.
Put car cover on if you have one, if not, a simple wash will take care of it next spring.

what about tires, do you just over-inflate them? on a different forum somebody said that our tires on the Boss are nitrogen filled. is that correct?

To cover or not to cover? I have the 302 cover bought separately as mine is a no options car. Some post suggest it will scratch the paint. I have no car cover experience, but I do have a nice tight new fully insulated garage. thoughts and opinions?

MLM

Mike
Boss1601 said:
To cover or not to cover? I have the 302 cover bought separately as mine is a no options car. Some post suggest it will scratch the paint. I have no car cover experience, but I do have a nice tight new fully insulated garage. thoughts and opinions?

I would use the cover only if the car is clean and garaged (freshly waxed helps too), then it should be ok. Try not to drag the cover over the paint. Roll or fold it in place.

TMO Supporting Vendors