The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Dry sump

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

We did at least get a baffled oil pan. I have a few friends with LS7s that blew engines on track even with the dry sump system. Maybe the Boss just can't pull the same Gs as the Vettes ;) I haven't heard of a Boss that's "died" on track due to oil starvation.....yet.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
ArizonaGT said:
Why not? $$$$$$$$$$$$

Do we need it? Probably not, considering none of the competition cars run them.
yeah the boss r has a hand built baffle pan that almost made it on the production boss but wouldnt fit in there engine jig

I have seen a video of where a guy had the baffle pan from the R installed on a 2013 GT......I'll try to find the video and post it. Im under the impression if it can fit in the gt it can work with a standard street boss.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
killerwill13 said:
I have seen a video of where a guy had the baffle pan from the R installed on a 2013 GT......I'll try to find the video and post it. Im under the impression if it can fit in the gt it can work with a standard street boss.
it bolts in no problem just didnt fit the assembly line jig

I've seen a few dry sump, well maintained cars pop motors. Seen one fireball too, when the high pressure oil line burst. Guy finished his lap like a boss and pulled it in next to the firetruck. It was a Porsche so the fire was behind him, he figured better than parking it and letting it burn to the ground waiting for the truck.

The 12 Track Attack Bosses run on track every day and do fine with the Boss pan. The 302R pan would be the ticket, we just need a reasonably priced knock off. Just like for the real oil cooler. Anybody looking for a business opportunity?

Mike

TMO Supporting Vendors