The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

DSC Sport Suspension Tuning for MRC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

8250RPM said:
I know of another guy running the DSC on his gt350. He loves it and it's amazing how much tuning is available. I'm waiting for mine.
I just can't decide on keeping the original dampers or switching to R

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do you know if there are set programs? I'm hoping they are preprogrammed and you can select which program you want. I'm not interested in creating my own programming. Has your friend run his on track yet? If you're really serious spend the $4-5K on the matching DSC dampers. I'd try the DSC first and if it's still not stiff enough then try the R dampers. The only difference between the dampers that I know of is the "slot gap" is narrower on the R dampers which makes them stiffer throughout their range.

I can get R dampers for about $1200 for all 4. When I spoke to Jordan at DSC he believes it's not worth switching. But tried talking me into coil overs and still using the DSC controller. I don't want to go that far with dampers and $8000.00.
The controller comes pre loaded, but he didn't like how it came, it's very easy to adjust yourself and basically has a sliding MV scale. Basically you adjust the damper by selecting how many milivolts you need. The more voltage the stiffer the damper. Up to 1500 mv if I remember correctly. I also believe the stock settings were like set at 500 or so.

Each damper has a separate adjustment. It's stupid simple. Soon it'll be wifi from your phone. If not already. Plus it's updated and with free upgrades.

Any one have any feedback for the DSC? I installed it on my track pack and the front end feels kind of floaty over bumps at freeway speeds.

Last edited:
Still waiting on feedback from a GT350 owner. In the meantime I found a couple of threads from Porsche owners using a similar module.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/997-turbo-gt2/356419-tpc-s-dsc-quick-review.html

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-turbo-forum/852626-tpc-dsc-opinions.html
So I've had the DSC controller in for a few weeks. First impressions are it's a much more supple ride around town. Over undulations the front end seems a little floaty in normal and sport mode, but that is something that the software allows you to control by decreasing the velocity threashold (0.2g) before active dampening comes into effect. However I just got back from a 35 mile trip through Angeles National Forest with some seriously spirited driving and I can say that this is one of the best additions you can do. The GT350 was so well composed and balanced. I would highly encourage anyone who's a track junkie or relishes quick corners.

That's great to hear. Will you be taking your car to a track anytime soon? Would love to see lap times before and after.

I'll be getting to the track in couple of weeks, I'l post an update.

I did speak with Mike from DSC at length and he tweaked the parameters for a much more responsive ride; I wasn't liking how floaty sport mode was. The manipulation of the forward is easily done, and if you run a long enough usb cable you can perform real time tuning updates.

Today I took the 350 to West End Alignment in Gardena Ca for caster/camber plate install and I opted to go with DSC recommended track alignment based off his experience testing at VIR. Much less aggressive than FP specks.

Last edited:
To me that makes no sense. It's completely programmable by the user. Unless you mean a buyer can buy say CorteX's version and plug it in and just rely on their version and setting?
The thing is, that it's so simple to use I don't see why anyone would want a preset version of the controller.
@8250RPM I can't help whether or not it makes sense to you but you are not buying a blank canvas where you go design your own suspension programming. It comes programmed with the DSC mapping from their testing. (See the above post) You can adjust from there if you like. Many of us do not have the time or experience to go out and develop our own programming. What I want is a turn key program that works on the street and track. CorteX has taken the base DSC programming and tuned from there on the NorCal tracks with Mike Levitas help. While I'm not drinking any CorteX cool-aid I do have a great deal of appreciation for their experience with both PWC and CTSCC racing series and the hundreds of NorCal race and HDPE cars that run their suspension components.

I don't mean it in a negative way and sorry if it came off that way.
What I mean is even when you buy it from DSC directly it comes programmed and ready to use. If a user wants to do any adjustments it's very easy to do and DSC has great customer support to talk you through the process. Once you do it once it's easy. It's all made by MV (millivolts) adjustments.

50Deep

Jockin' GT350's
Sacramento
So I've had the DSC controller in for a few weeks. First impressions are it's a much more supple ride around town. Over undulations the front end seems a little floaty in normal and sport mode, but that is something that the software allows you to control by decreasing the velocity threashold (0.2g) before active dampening comes into effect. However I just got back from a 35 mile trip through Angeles National Forest with some seriously spirited driving and I can say that this is one of the best additions you can do. The GT350 was so well composed and balanced. I would highly encourage anyone who's a track junkie or relishes quick corners.
Care to share the cost?

50Deep

Jockin' GT350's
Sacramento

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel