The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

DSC Sport Suspension Tuning for MRC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I talked to Harris today at DSC Sport and they are going to develop programming for the MRC dampers on the GT350. They've been doing this for a while on Porsche's and will have a product for the C7 Vette ready soon. According to Harris they were able to make noticeable improvements with the C7 and think they should be able to do the same with the GT350. This will be interesting to see how this develops. The even better news is Filip @CorteX Racing has already been talking to them and will be working with them to develop this. Stay tuned.

http://www.dscsport.com/mustang/

http://www.dscsport.com/dsc-sport/

Last edited:
I spoke to FP today and it sounds like they have abandoned any plans of releasing lowering springs and tuning for the magnaride .... They said they ran into too many complications in their research/testing to accomplish this. I'm disappointed because I can't stand wheel gap. Still hoping maybe someone else can figure it out but it sounds like compromises would likely have to be made to do it.

I hate to see anyone raise the white flag.

So you install a shorter spring in a GT350 and calibrate the ride height sensors. They either couldn't get the factory dampers to physically work with reduced travel and/or FR didn't have funds budgeted to reprogram the system software such that it could outperform the factory parameters. Or...?

Guys as an update we have been working with DSC very hard the last few months trying to get all this done. The tuning box will be available thru us and will start shipping soon, hopefully by March. The improvements are huge, the tuning in the stock system is very narrow. We have opened the tuning up and allowed the system to do much more.

http://www.ridetech.com/info/magnetuner/

Last edited by a moderator:
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Texas
VoodooBOSS said:
And remember the R springs do not drop the car any. They will work for stiffening up the suspension though.

I thought the R springs lowered the car 1/2" and is Ford not doing the lowering springs anymore for the 350? I know this thread is a little bit old.

The R springs are shorter, and stiffer, and do not lower the car. They are identical in ride height. The cars I saw at LS back in August 2015 were different but they made a change before going to production. The FP springs are a go and should be available this Spring.

https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=11922.0

Last edited:
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Texas
So once we install the lowering springs how do we go about recalibrating the dampers for the new ride height? Will they be any stiffer or just lower? I don't really know if I want something stiffer because I'm not going to be running slicks. I would like to go down to a 30 series sidewall though so the lowering springs would help fix the fender gap. Sorry about all the questions Rick.

Adam

No problem. All of this is TBD...

* I expect the FP springs to lower the car 0.5-1.0"
* There is a ride height calibration setting for the MR dampers that will most likely need to be reset, probably at your dealer
* The dampers should be able to handle the difference in spring calibration with no further modifications
* While they will be lower I'm not sure about being stiffer although I suspect they will be stiffer but not as stiff as the R springs

I'm running the SC2 tires (or Trefeo R) in 305/30/19 square on track. While I'd like a bit less brake dive and slightly stiffer springs for the track I also like the ride on the street and don't want to mess that that much. I'm optimistic that's what FP is going to offer.

I know of another guy running the DSC on his gt350. He loves it and it's amazing how much tuning is available. I'm waiting for mine.
I just can't decide on keeping the original dampers or switching to R

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TMO Supporting Vendors