The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Dumb question regarding panhard bar

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

So I'm about to switch out my Boss 302 stock wheels for some aftermarket ones, going 11" in the rear. Do I need make any adjustments to my whiteline panhard bar when switching to the wider wheel/tire?

Thanks gents

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
You shouldn't *need* to, but might want to adjust it to perfectly center the axle so one tire doesn't sit closer to the fender lip than the other side.

Thanks Grant. Follow up question. I bought the panhard bar used from another Boss owner and I guess his shop pretty much "welded" the panhard bar threads and my shop couldn't get it to break on everything they tried. Luckily it came from another 13 boss and the pinion angle worked out fine. Should I spend more money on a new panhard bar?

Not sure what you mean by "welded". Bad or ugly welds? I wouldn't want anything questionable for a panhard bar.

He is correct.
If it were me, I would get a new adjustable panhard bar and have a reputable shop set it up square for you. FYI, Pinion angle is not a function of the panhard bar. Ford Performance makes a proven adjustable bar that has s great track record, pun intended.

Sorry guys, bad wording on my part. Basically his shop put some sort of JB weld, locktite material that my shop couldn't break with a huge breaker bar. Basically I cannot make further adjustments to it if that makes sense.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Sorry guys, bad wording on my part. Basically his shop put some sort of JB weld, locktite material that my shop couldn't break with a huge breaker bar. Basically I cannot make further adjustments to it if that makes sense.

I see now. I wouldn't have a problem using the bar like that...until you want or need to make an adjustment!

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel