The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Dyno pulls tomorrow E85 Pulls

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
It is a base tune. Cant compare my dyno numbers to other bosses that ran on different dyno's. Wish I had known of this place when it was stock so I could have stock base line numbers. Thats the only way to make an apples to apples comparision.

A 2011 GT with boss intake, headers, no cats full three inch exhaust no mufflers, JLT CAI made 410-420 on that same dyno on a much colder day. While others with the same mods on other dynos have made in the 440-450 range with the same mods.

The owner said he gets crap all the time for it reading so low all the time. Its the newest version of the dyno jet and he said it puts out mustang dyno numbers (which read lower than older dyno jets)

Boostd4

Relapsed Turbo Addict
Justin said:
It is a base tune. Cant compare my dyno numbers to other bosses that ran on different dyno's. Wish I had known of this place when it was stock so I could have stock base line numbers. Thats the only way to make an apples to apples comparision.

A 2011 GT with boss intake, headers, no cats full three inch exhaust no mufflers, JLT CAI made 410-420 on that same dyno on a much colder day. While others with the same mods on other dynos have made in the 440-450 range with the same mods.

The owner said he gets crap all the time for it reading so low all the time. Its the newest version of the dyno jet and he said it puts out mustang dyno numbers (which read lower than older dyno jets)

Well, dyno numbers in general are pretty ambiguous to begin with. I think what a lot of people fail to remember is that the only relevant numbers are the before/after results of the same car on the same dyno (and possibly similar cars on the same dyno). Would have been great if you had 91 numbers on that dyno before making the jump to corn juice.

Justin

Boostd4 said:
Justin said:

Well, dyno numbers in general are pretty ambiguous to begin with. I think what a lot of people fail to remember is that the only relevant numbers are the before/after results of the same car on the same dyno (and possibly similar cars on the same dyno). Would have been great if you had 91 numbers on that dyno before making the jump to corn juice.
yeah I wish I had stock numbers too. After I get the final tunes I might put the stock injectors back in and stock CAI and put the TK software back and put it on the dyno then. Then switch to AED 93 tunes and dyno that then go back to E85. Just cant do it all in one day I dont think as the process to switch isnt all that quick.

I did get a reply from Shaun on the datalogs. here is what he had to say:
OK, I can see timing is too high at 4K, which induces knock and the sensors pull, then it takes too long for them to add back in all the timing.
I've re-mapped the entire spark section based on my own car which I use in the GT's but it also works very well in the Boss.
I would like another WOT log to ensure Spark is now as desired.
Stoich has also been found. Your E85 has more gasoline then most....FYI

Boostd4

Relapsed Turbo Addict
Justin said:
Boostd4 said:
Justin said:

yeah I wish I had stock numbers too. After I get the final tunes I might put the stock injectors back in and stock CAI and put the TK software back and put it on the dyno then. Then switch to AED 93 tunes and dyno that then go back to E85. Just cant do it all in one day I dont think as the process to switch isnt all that quick.

Nope, not a quick process at all...hated it with my Evo. But in any case at least doing the switch back to 93 will give you a baseline to work with.

Justin

heading back on the dyno today at 4. my buddies 21 gt with
C&L intake
BBK longtube headers
off road x-pipe
magnaflow sport cat back
and AED 93 tunes
he is going right after me maybe that will be better comparison of sorts.

Justin

back from the second trip to the dyno made a little less power today uncorrected and corrected.
these are the two uncorrected best from sat and today the lower line is today it was 10degrees hotter out and the pressure was down in the 29 range and humidity was up to 25%
251252_487322241300352_1625596995_n.jpg

rpm/afr
68324_487322934633616_120433311_n.jpg

rpm/timing
547054_487322947966948_977238709_n.jpg

here is what the gt made with the above mods same dyno same condtions
525825_487324547966788_2132418389_n.jpg

so I think I am doing pretty well as I have stock headers and cats

still getting some knock in the pull btw from what i can see.
thats whats killin your top end when you see that dip.
it wont recover from it. the timing looks solid at about 30 degrees until it drops to about 27-28 or so..
maybe try a differant batch of e85?

steve

Justin

that would be cool. me the 12 GB GT a white GT should be making a trip there again soon. I am converting mine to stock just so I can see what the difference is.

also apparently the guy had something set wrong on the dyno and after we left the lightning that was after my friends went from making 270's to 300's, but that is just what he heard not sure if its true.

either way I plan to convert to stock back to trackey/silver key. then go to aed 93 tune with steeda CAI just to see what the gains are.

TMO Supporting Vendors