The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Dyno pulls tomorrow E85 Pulls

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
I have an appointment for tomorrow to make three pulls on the dyno. plan on doing data logging at the same time with my personal laptop for shaun to make the final tunes. Doing this in light of my friend getting a reckless driving ticket when he went out to do his data logging......81 in a 45....safer on a dyno and cheaper in the long run (and a good excuse to tell the GF so I can pay for the dyno session lol) so check back tomorrow evening I will post the results.....yes I will take video. :)

Senderofan

Having more fun than should be allowed..in my Boss
Can't wait to see your results...I suspect they'll be pretty good even though your fine tuning the set-up. Thanks in advance for sharing.

Justin

no problem. need to go and fill her up with that sweet corn juice in the morning. the car right now in the cold is just so punchy that 1-3 are just about useless since the temps took a dive here.

Boostd4

Relapsed Turbo Addict
How many revisions of the E85 tune have you done to date? Very curious to see what you're putting down. Mustang or DynoJet?

Justin

no revisions on the tune running the base E85 tune. its a dynojet at least thats what they told me it was I will find out for sure tomorrow. the wot logs are running clean shaun said just wanted a fresh tank before he sent me the final tunes. I have a decel tune that he sent me for the e85 but I didnt like it so I switched back

I thought you were going to do a dyno with a normal tune and CIA too. I'm still curious about a results of the E85 but I've never seen it in my area. For selfish reasons I was hoping for the less exotic. LOL.

Justin

[quote author=racered302 liopic=3260.msg52347#msg52347 date=1350087699]
I thought you were going to do a dyno with a normal tune and CIA too. I'm still curious about a results of the E85 but I've never seen it in my area. For selfish reasons I was hoping for the less exotic. LOL.
[/quote] I was until I got the e85 tune. Don't want switch back and forth on the fuel at the dyno. Might try 93 tunes later. This is mostly for just the data logging.

That cool. I totally understand, I was waiting on the normal tune results for future mods. I hope the corn gas works. Doesn't the MPG take a beating when you use e85? I mean it cost more right? CO's are higher too? Just wondering.

Justin

racered302 said:
That cool. I totally understand, I was waiting on the normal tune results for future mods. I hope the corn gas works. Doesn't the MPG take a beating when you use e85? I mean it cost more right? CO's are higher too? Just wondering.
its cheaper at 3.30 a gallon vs 3.99 for 93 7-11 gas here in va beach. it does take a hit in the mpg I avg 14.4 with the gas with e85 on this first tank (lots of hard pulls through the gears mind you) 11.2 mpg. both from the computer estimate. CO's are slightly less (.5%). the main benefit for me is that its like running race fuel for pump gas prices. 109 octane. cools the air charge to boot. car runs smoother and cleaner (deposits wise).

Senderofan

Having more fun than should be allowed..in my Boss
racered302 said:

I'm not sure there are hard and fast numbers....but I've seen 15% less fuel economy with E 85 thrown around....also have seen some 20-25%...which seems a bit steep.

Justin

ok back from the dyno. sae corrected 404rwhp and 355rwtq. uncorrected numbers were 423rwhp 372rwtq. The owner said its the newest version of the dyno jet and reads much lower than all the others out there. said it reads more like a mustang dyno.
run conditions are:
73 degrees F
humidy 15%
30.38 in-hg
sae: 0.95

uncorrected dyno sheet (sorry had to take a pic of the print out)
404090_486337428065500_962908812_n.jpg

Sae corrected all three pulls
76557_486336264732283_651318707_n.jpg

data log graph orange line rpm green line spark
69045_486336548065588_1744891283_n.jpg

data log graph orange line rpm blue line lamba measured afr
3042_486336048065638_609367255_n.jpg

Justin

here is the last pull sorry for the shitty focus job only second time I have used it as a video camera
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0FuK3ZgaGw&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

pretty stout dip on the dyno graph on the big end aroun d what? 6500 or so?
what did the knock look like at or around 5500 to 6500?
how about a/f ratios in the same rpm area?

that killed the power she would have shown on the dyno...it looked like maybe a 415 or so rwhp run if that dip was not there...

Boostd4

Relapsed Turbo Addict
So this is still the base tune then? Looks pretty close to stock numbers on 91. Hopefully there is a little more power once the tune gets cleaned up.

TMO Supporting Vendors