The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Dyno Run results for my 2013 Boss

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

It's Veterans day and I had the day off, so happy Veterans Day to all the men and women in the military who are currently, or have served our country! So anyways, I set off to the local speed shop in Chesapeake VA, "All Aspects Motorsports" to get a dyno done. Contemplating upgrading the engine next winter with a CJ intake, cam, CAI, and tune, so I wanted to base line the car with what I had in it already. The only engine mods on the car are and Oil Breather Can kit from YellowBoss, and a set of Kooks Shorty Headers. I have the stock exhaust from the headers back (including the cats) with the side pipe disks removed. The three runs were done with the red key. The numbers are exactly what I expected with the stock tune; 395 HP and 344 ft-lbs of Torque.

DSCF2040_zpsa6dca3bc.jpg

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Pretty standard Boss Curve, not much gain with the Kooks shorty headers it appears. CJ with 106mm Air Intake tube and twin 65mm TB + good tune should get you to 450 at the wheels. +10 more with long tubes. Some may say more but I think cams and 8000 rpm would be needed for a legit 500 at the tires.

We will see what a Coyote engine can do with the CJ/American Racing Header/AED Tune combo can do over the next 2 months ;)

Steve

I thought you had pulled the cats so when I saw the title I figured it would give me an idea of what mine would dyno at. I am still running the stock air box and only have the PVC delete, X-pipe and cat's removed. I suppose one day I will give the dyno a go.

Steve, with a complete stock exhaust after the kooks, I didn't expect to see any gains. My thought was to put the Kooks on while I had the engine out and then upgrade the rest at a later date. My whole goal was to keep the car on the street and not have to fuss with the CEL's that most people with the LT's were getting. Next year once I plan out the CJ intake installation, we'll have to see what is available. Depending on what I find, I may just end up going with some LT's. Definitely keep us posted on any CJ install done.
Bill

If anyone questions whether or not to buy LTs, don't forget to consider that the premium price (which is steep, I know) should also cover the awesome exhaust note you get from them as well. I hate to confess that it was the primary motivation behind my purchase, but they sound so good!

Bill - Thankfully I have not had any CELs. You raise a good point though if you want to use it for the street. While mine sounds awesome on the track, it is a bit too awesome for the street.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
Good numbers. I didnt expect the Kooks shorty headers to be worth any power. With Steeda Boss CAI, ARH headers and off road x-pipe and AED tune I made the below numbers.
1048557_609560215743220_1127615712_o.jpg

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
LS110 said:
I had a dyne done on mine a week ago. My mods are CAI, LT headers and off-road h-pipe, thus no cats and no side pipes. Also a new tune.

Power: 449
Torque: 356

Impressive power.

Justin

My above numbers were straight in off the street no cool down just strapped up and ran. Also from the data logs it was pulling timing again. Finding decent 93 in Hampton roads is nearly impossible

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Justin said:
My above numbers were straight in off the street no cool down just strapped up and ran. Also from the data logs it was pulling timing again. Finding decent 93 in Hampton roads is nearly impossible

Should be even better under "optimal" conditions then!

Justin

No it wasn't. I have to wonder if this guy might just be drumming up some sales by saying it's knocking and saying he can fix it with tuning. Without data logging its hard say what's going on in your engine.

Even the tech at the ford dealership said he could replicate the knocking at 5,000. So it's not the Dyno guy... But Ford Racing (tech called them) says "it's normal"

Justin

rpm3dinc said:
Even the tech at the ford dealership said he could replicate the knocking at 5,000. So it's not the Dyno guy... But Ford Racing (tech called them) says "it's normal"
I would first rule out it being the gas like I said before i would pursue a warranty related repair with ford. they could do more harm then good chasing a ghost

TMO Supporting Vendors