The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Dyno

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Had the Steeda Cold Air Kit part # 555-3162 installed with a tune the numbers were 410 to the tires and 340 torque, the baseline numbers in stock form were 384 and 314 torque, very happy with the results.

Very nice gain. Can you please post the dyno chart?

cobra said:
Had the Steeda Cold Air Kit part # 555-3162 installed with a tune the numbers were 410 to the tires and 340 torque, the baseline numbers in stock form were 384 and 314 torque, very happy with the results.

Could you please post your gas octane? 91 or 93.

Good results.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
Thats a great gain. So much for it just being "bling". Who did your tune? And what octane was the tune for? And I assume you used a SCT programmer? Oh an what year boss do you have? If you have a 13 I would be curious to see what the IAT are at highway speeds.

Having trouble posting the dyno sheet,it was a 2012 Boss the shop that did the tune was Mustang Magic in Deer Park Long Island NY it was a sct programe and 93 octane and the exhaust plates were removed.

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
cobra said:
Having trouble posting the dyno sheet,it was a 2012 Boss the shop that did the tune was Mustang Magic in Deer Park Long Island NY it was a sct programe and 93 octane and the exhaust plates were removed.

Uploading images to this forum never seems to work when trying to add attachments to posts. Use photobucket, flickr, etc and use the IMG or HTML tags to embed the link to your chart within the post. Yeah you have to take the time to sign up for a free account, but it's worth the effort cause once you upload your images you just put your mouse over the image and pop up box appears and you select the IMG link and it automatically copies it to your 'clipboard' as if you did CTRL+C (mac command+C). Then you CTRL+V in your post and you are good to go.

I just noticed photobucket added an advanced image editor which was useful as I had some images that needed to be rotated in order display properly. Doesn't matter to me what hosting site you pick, photobucket works for me.

Just a point of comparison for what it's worth. I was at the track this weekend with a heavily modified 2011 GT running the Steeda CAI, tune and Boss intake. His rev limiter is set at 7200. The front straight is a mile long so it's about the best possible place to compare "real life" performance. We were basically dead even down that straightaway on two separate occasions where I started out directly behind him in the grid. I was able to stay right on his bumper down the straightaway so there's probably some gain for the GT (rated at 412 hp vs Boss 444), but I don't know how it would compare B302 to B302. I am guessing our curb weights were roughly equal and he had two race seats and a 4 pt. roll bar like mine.

For the Boss, without getting crazy, I think there is a decent amount of power to be made with a CAI, headers, no cats, and a tune. I think you can get 50-60whp out of it..... These motors by design just don't make a lot of torque so I think 30-40 wtq is reasonable there.

For the Boss all that is about $2k and you wouldn't need to do anything more for engine mods. Unless of course you wanted to do cams, heads, lower end work....

Justin

adam81 said:
For the Boss, without getting crazy, I think there is a decent amount of power to be made with a CAI, headers, no cats, and a tune. I think you can get 50-60whp out of it..... These motors by design just don't make a lot of torque so I think 30-40 wtq is reasonable there.

For the Boss all that is about $2k and you wouldn't need to do anything more for engine mods. Unless of course you wanted to do cams, heads, lower end work....
Thats what I would do if I didnt have a warranty. I will do it one day when the warranty is gone. by then gas might be 8 bucks a gallon lol

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
How much do you think I could get from removing the cats and going to a Corsa exhaust (if the exhaust has any gains associated with it at all ? Assume no tune/headers and my Airaid intake...

Justin

PeteInCT said:
How much do you think I could get from removing the cats and going to a Corsa exhaust (if the exhaust has any gains associated with it at all ? Assume no tune/headers and my Airaid intake...
So what would your mods be?
Headers mid pipe no cats corsa extreme axle back and airaid no tune required CAI? with no tuning on anything correct?

Justin

PeteInCT said:
Only remval of cats, Corsa exhaust and my existing Airaid CAI. No headers, no tune.
Not enough to warrant the removal of the cats. I would say 10rwhp +-2 take out the cats get another 2 or 3 hp
Just my guess from what I have read in magazines so take that for what it is worth

boss2511 said:
PeteInCT said:
Only remval of cats, Corsa exhaust and my existing Airaid CAI. No headers, no tune.
Not enough to warrant the removal of the cats. I would say 10rwhp +-2 take out the cats get another 2 or 3 hp
Just my guess from what I have read in magazines so take that for what it is worth
According to these results, it's more like 22 rwhp and 23 rwtq from removing the cats. In fact, most of the gains are from removing the cats, which would require a tune to shut off the rear O2s or you'll have a CEL.

https://trackmustangsonline.com/boss-302-technical-forum/kook's-header-exhaust-gain-35hp-40tq/15/

Justin

cloud9 said:
boss2511 said:
PeteInCT said:
According to these results, it's more like 22 rwhp and 23 rwtq from removing the cats. In fact, most of the gains are from removing the cats, which would require a tune to shut off the rear O2s or you'll have a CEL.

https://trackmustangsonline.com/boss-302-technical-forum/kook's-header-exhaust-gain-35hp-40tq/15/
He doesnt want to run headers.....that is where the power is coming from. Stock manifolds removing the cats...with what I presume to be a off road h-pipe say it is a full 3" mid pipe than maybe its worth 10rwhp in itself. if just removing them and puting the 2.75" back in its place it isnt worth much.

PeteInCT said:
I talked to Shaun at AED at length about this last weekend. He says there's very close to a 20 HP gain by removing the cats with an H pipe. Opening up the side exhaust and free flowing axelbacks is good for 3-7 depending on who you talk to. I have no idea how the two combined work but I think your good for 20 HP. Your Airaid CAI with the sleeve might add 1-2 HP if you're lucky. ;) And that's just the free flowing filter similar to what a K&N drop in will add.

BTW Shaun had his car at the show and it has the stock airbox (K&N?), GT500 axelbacks, H pipe with cat delete, and one of his tunes. He does not have long tube headers on his car but said a tune, long tubes, CAI, H pipe and axelbacks should yield 50 HP.

boss2511 said:
He doesnt want to run headers.....that is where the power is coming from. Stock manifolds removing the cats...with what I presume to be a off road h-pipe say it is a full 3" mid pipe than maybe its worth 10rwhp in itself. if just removing them and puting the 2.75" back in its place it isnt worth much.
I'm sure you know this but our cars don't have exhaust manifolds they have shorty tube headers, the same ones on the 5.0's, 302S and 302R.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
cloud9 said:
boss2511 said:
PeteInCT said:

I conveniently forgot about the CEL's. Which means I really need everything except the headers. Maybe some day, for now it's more than quick enough. Also, I'm a little concerned about adding hp/tq on the MT-82.

Gary - BTW, the problem I mentioned about first gear has 'disappeared', at least for now. I suspect somehting is going on, TBD....

TMO Supporting Vendors