The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Dynoed My Boss Yesterday

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NFSBOSS said:
Yours pulls over 8,000 RPM's with the stock tune?
If you call Ford Racing's tune stock...I have no idea whats programmed from Ford Racing in this car. I've only hit the rev limiter a couple of times and it was around 8k...never really paid any attention to it.

jdasch1 said:
here's my dyno sheet last week. http://s1289.beta.photobucket.com/user/jdasch1/media/dynosheetbeforemodificatons2013_zpsec62bc7f.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

Thanks - wish they would plot torque and hp on the same scale...hate that.
Nice peaks!

ace72ace said:
At ~15% drivetrain loss that figures to be ~465hp. Nice!! Is your Boss Race Red? I heard they put the fastest motors in the red ones at the factory... :p

We covered this already, they did but the really strong ones the paint couldn't take the speed of the test drive so it peeled off and they sold them as white ;)

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
jdasch1 said:
here's my dyno sheet last week. http://s1289.beta.photobucket.com/user/jdasch1/media/dynosheetbeforemodificatons2013_zpsec62bc7f.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

Nice to see one of these for a 302S finally.
Forget the HP number, you're putting down another 50-55 ft-lbs of torque compared to the street BOSS tune! That must pull HARD!
Looks like top end was sacrificed to get that, however, as your power peak is at 6250 and then falls off, where as the street tune peaks around 6800 and stays flat to 7500.

TMO Supporting Vendors