The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Dynotech Driveshaft group buy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
UGH! i can't respond to anyone right now, as i am locked out for the next 55 minutes. hang tight.

there was a question of the value of this mod. its hard to quantify the value of your money, but as compared to other modifications, i think its worth it.

2 piece rotors cost $840 a pair for about 2lbs of mass concentrated at the center of your spindle, which doesn't convert into much more than that when using the "unspring weight" multiplier. the driveshaft knocks off 20lbs!

exhaust systems are wicked expensive. i spent $1000 for headers and catted X and didn't gain the 0.2 seconds the driveshaft can get you.

i have also heard, but cannot confirm, that the driveline noise added with an stiffer 3rd link, is reduced by eliminating the 2-piece driveshaft (if the pinion angle is set correctly in both cases).

they also hold up a lot better under drag slick launches, if thats your thing.

does it have value worthy of the pricetag? yes...to me.

I might be interested in one also, as well. Just depends on price. Was going to do this mod next year, but If I can get it at a good discount might have go for it now.. Just let me know the price, when you find out more on the group buy discount. Thanks. ;D

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
i just sent out another batch of messages with the price. is there anyone who posted that have not received the sale price yet?

as i receive the "yays", will add their names to the first post. currently 2 are confirmed. the price is only good if i get at least 10 yays. no money will be asked for until i reach 10 units.

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
I am just waiting for the balance of the yays and nays to come in to proceed. Please reply one way or another. I am not offended if this shaft or deal is not for you.

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
ok, i think the dust has settled. this thread got back to the 2nd page. i have gotten replies from all but 3 and have the 10 i needed for the price set. i will message all the "yays" with what to do next.

thanks all! i think this is a great win-win. you get a great price and i meet my buy-in requirement without mortgaging the house! i may have to do this again sometime!

pufferfish said:
thanks all! i think this is a great win-win. you get a great price and i meet my buy-in requirement without mortgaging the house! i may have to do this again sometime!

Ya, let me know when you do Kooks Long tubes and their new catted H pipe. ;D

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
NewBossowner said:
Ya, let me know when you do Kooks Long tubes and their new catted H pipe. ;D
i wish. i declined kooks because the margins are terrible. i wouldn't be able to save you even $50!...then i'd have to charge you $999,999 for shipping to canada;)

besides that, their "green" cat doesn't reliably work on the boss anyhow. if you do get them, skip the cats. you'll get the check engine light either way.

pufferfish said:
price has been PM'd. please don't repeat the number on the internet.

well, maybe not...i exceeded my maximum of 5 messages per hour. contact me if you did not get your PM.
I would also like to see the price before.i commit.

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
PM's sent.

I am getting worried this deal will fall through. i have 2 people paid right now. the whole reason for offering this deal was because i can't afford to finance the 10 shafts required to get this outstanding price. if you were really serious about wanting this shaft, please pay sooner than later or let me know that you still intend to pay by the 2/22 deadline.

FLGator

2013 Boss 302 LS #196 - Shadow
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Florida
Just saw the post and I too am interested. Are you still taking Yay's on this?

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
i haven't been receiving notices lately of activity on this thread or the messages i have gotten. heres the deal. purchases have been sluggish, so i am holding off on the order until Friday (2/22). i have 3 people paid so far.

i need 10 to make it work for the price.

i have created a new item in the drivetrain catagory of my site http://stores.blowfishracing.com/-strse-37/BMO-Group-Buy-2011-dsh-2013/Detail.bok. that gives you the price and the venue to place your order. when placing your order, please enter your BMO screen name in the "company" field, so i know who you are. i will not approve any orders for this special without being a valid BMO member.

if your shipping address is outside the US, free shipping does not apply and you must email or message me with your address, so i can get a quote. it will be added to your total cost and must be paid by cc over the phone or paypal.

get your order in by friday to get the best deal ever. saturday morning, this special disappears from the site forever. it will never come back again.

if you have any questions all of my contact info is available on the site.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel