The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Dynotech Driveshaft group buy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
Fellow BMO members, Blowfish Racing is now officially a Dynotech Driveshafts dealer! We are proud to offer this top quality driveshaft to compliment our Mustangs. Want less NVH? Want your 5.0 to spin up faster? Want a 900hp capacity driveshaft? Want to remove 20lbs of rotating mass? Want to improve 1/4 mile times by up to 0.200 seconds? Look no further!

As a small company, every dollar we throw at buy-ins and inventory, takes away from money that could be spent developing new products. So, with that in mind, I had the idea to fullfill my buy-in requirement by offering the BEST price you will EVER find on these fabulous driveshafts. I cannot advertise the price, but the lowest i have seen on the internet is $729 (which is what my retail is set at on the website right now). Think a nice dinner for two less than that. The actual amount is subjective to the amount of paid participants, since there are price tiers for the quantity ordered.

i'm only extending this offer to BMO members. reply here with your interest. if i get at least 5 people interested, we are on. i will let this thread go for 2 weeks to get everyone who would be interested to post. on 2/27, i will contact each interested member with the expected price. you say yay or nay. once i have all the yay's tallied and verify we meet the tier quantity i set the pricing to, i will contact everyone again to get payment. i will accept paypal or major credit cards.

this is the one and only time this will be offered. if you ever thought about a quality 1-piece aluminum driveshaft, scrape your pennies together because you will never find a better deal on one!

THE YAYS:
1 ) bigredone
2 ) fuhrius
3 ) dabossinne
4 ) 9cobra7
5 ) crazyhorse1847
6 ) gotcurvz
7 ) geneva
8 ) el jefe 302
9 ) newbossowner
10 ) pufferfish

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
they are 3.5" with a .125 wall 6061T6 aluminum. they use the preferred 1350 U-joint (best torque capacity) and feature Dynotech's patented billet aluminum pinion flange, which reduces weight by 1lb over steel versions and inproves driveline runout for a smoother ride.

as a side note, no 1-piece driveshaft should be used without an adjustable 3rd link to set the pinion angle. there can be vibration and shortened u-joint life if it isn't set properly.

Whats required to install this in my 2012 Boss 302, I assume the same for a '13. I'd like to upgrade to a one piece for the benefits you listed but you also eluded to setting the pinion angle. Just need the full scoop before I say yes. Thanks, nick

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
There is no physical difference in any of the 2011-13 gt or 2012-13 boss. They all use the same parts. I assume you'd be planning to perform the work yourself? If a shop does it, it's all part of an adjustable 3rd link install. Setting the angle is simple. With the driveshaft out, place an angle finder on the trans flange and record the reading. Then place it on the pinion flange and adjust the 3rd link until the ange matches your initial reading. The tough part is that you need to be able to get under the car but the suspension needs to be loaded and settled. 4 ramps works. Just drive backwards up them on the back and jack the front up to put the front wheels on the ramps. Driving on will not upset the rear suspension.

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
I can ship anywhere in Canada for $999,999 ;D

Speaking of...dynotech will drop ship to US addresses for free. Canucks shouldn't have much of a premium to pay for the ride.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Texas
Do you ship to APO address'? Not sure if you are familiar with them but they are no more expensive than shipping anywhere else in the US. Caveat is that you must us the USPS to ship to them. I am in if you can do APO

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
i will have to look into that. i am sure it can be worked out, but if Dynotech doesn't want to deal with anything but UPS ground, it would need to be shipped to me and then i would ship it USPS. since there is no profit in it for me, i wouldn't be able to eat any additional shipping charges, so they would be passed onto the customer.

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
just got off the phone with Dynotech. They will ship wherever needed, but the cost will be passed onto my company. so, APO's and other non-US addresses will incurr and additional charge (probably minimal since they no doubt have major corporate shipping discounts). there is no commitment to purchase if you don't like the additional shipping charges, but i still think its going to be a better deal than you will ever find again.

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
well, if everyone who posted is serious and pays, we have enough to get to the next tier, which saves more money! can't say how much more, but lets say your dinner for 2 got upgraded from paper napkins to linens ;) keep em coming! buy one for you and one for your non-BMO friend!

pufferfish said:
well, if everyone who posted is serious and pays, we have enough to get to the next tier, which saves more money! can't say how much more, but lets say your dinner for 2 got upgraded from paper napkins to linens ;) keep em coming! buy one for you and one for your non-BMO friend!

even if we eat at really expensive places?

seriously, though, interested in getting a PM from you on price.

thanks

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
price has been PM'd. please don't repeat the number on the internet.

well, maybe not...i exceeded my maximum of 5 messages per hour. contact me if you did not get your PM.

TMO Supporting Vendors