The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

E Brake for track cars?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Most would say Leave it off. Saves a little weight and eliminates the risk of application after hot laps causing pads to stick (although this is less of a risk with the GT350 drum e-brake).

Thanks Nick. Need to figure out how to remove the pedal assembly. The throttle is easy. The brake and clutch is my next task. All bolts are off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
What would the recommendation be for a dedicated track car regarding the need for e brake? Leave it off?
I left mine on solely for the purpose of locking it down in the trailer.
I don't like the idea that 100% of the car's weight being strapped to D rings bolted into a plywood floor. I worry that I may have to slam on the brakes or worse, hit something and have that heavy mustang break loose and slam into the back of my head.

I don't think any of the Phoenix cars have them, I know the mustangs don't. In any case I always kept mine because it comes in handy now and then..trailer stuff mostly.

Thanks Nick. Need to figure out how to remove the pedal assembly. The throttle is easy. The brake and clutch is my next task. All bolts are off.

Removing the pedal assembly is easy. I removed mine to drill and tap my clutch and brake pedals in my mill. It’s a little awkward as always working under the dash but not to bad. You can remove the whole pedal box in about 30 minutes. Another plus is, you will not have to remove the clutch slave cylinder.

Removing the pedal assembly is easy. I removed mine to drill and tap my clutch and brake pedals in my mill. It’s a little awkward as always working under the dash but not to bad. You can remove the whole pedal box in about 30 minutes. Another plus is, you will not have to remove the clutch slave cylinder.

Thanks. Got the pedal assembly off. Now I need the special tool to remove the heater box hoses from the firewall. Can’t get them off with my fingers.1c69db86c413a21e8ee72b3000005cfc.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel