The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

E85 Question ??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Every post I've read says they make even more power than a good gas tune. Power ranges between 10-20 hp over gas tunes, depending on who you want to believe.

Gas mileage will suffer. Shaun at AED wants a minimum 47 lb injectors or he won't do it. It's not cheap but if it helps keep things cooler that would be another selling point.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
EGT's from the article in 5.0 says its only 60degrees cooler FWIW

I am back on E85 as of last week. I am running an AED tune. I will say this it runs much smoother then it does on gas and it does indeed make more power but I dont have hard data to back it up just how much more wheel spin I have to battle because of it. I would guess around 10-15 its enough to notice that is for sure.

The gains come from mostly the ability to run much more timing.

Tulsa, OK
Yeah I would say a 10-15 hp increase with e85 for N/A setups is pretty reasonable. I put down 425/389 with e85, boss intake, CAI, 47lb injectors, catback, and O/R X. On the same dyno, I put down 374/369 on the same dyno with catback, CAI, and 91 tune. I love the stuff.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
Fomoco302 said:
Basic question from a non-techie -will a stock Boss DD run on E85 ? I thought it had to be a flex fuel vehicle.
Pardon my ignorance :-\
no it will not run on E85 if all you do is put it in the tank. requires a tune and draining all the gas out and larger fuel injectors.

if its not around 1 dollar cheaper to get in your area and you are NA dont bother with it stick to 93 its cheaper to run

Fomoco302

Life is short. Live well!
Justin said:
no it will not run on E85 if all you do is put it in the tank. requires a tune and draining all the gas out and larger fuel injectors.

if its not around 1 dollar cheaper to get in your area and you are NA dont bother with it stick to 93 its cheaper to run

Thanks

TMO Supporting Vendors