The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Eagles Canyon Raceway May 27th Track Day

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Well I finally got the S550 GT/PP on track last weekend. I must say in stock form I was very pleased with the car. I got the dreaded axle overheat light about 6 laps in each session. So at some point a cooler for the dif and trans may be in order. Next event is on May 27th. Anyone else planning on attending?

DFW, TX
I'm instructing that day.

I heard the track was sold from the track day organizer. Let's hope for some repairs.

I'll also be at the mid America Ford meet in mid June at Hallett. Instructing on Wednesday, hanging out with my vintage race friends Thursday and Friday.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I've heard there is some good news coming, but nothing solid as yet. Hopefully all end well, we don't need to loose anymore TX tracks. I normally run in the advanced group. Great hopefully we can meet up and chat for a bit Mark. I'll be running a Dark Blue Mustang GT/PP.

DFW, TX
I won't run too much. I'll check out my new x-pipe, resonator delete sound, give my student a ride (or anybody else that wants one.) Black GT350

DFW, TX
Well, the ECR May 27th track day just got cancelled. New owners want to make repairs, so I guess that's a good thing

Well, the ECR May 27th track day just got cancelled. New owners want to make repairs, so I guess that's a good thing

Dang it, I just heard from another source as well. Thats not very helpful, Im glad good things are coming, but dang I'm not much for summer HPDEs, so this was to be my last until fall. :(

There are 5 more DE's scheduled at Motorsports Ranch in Cresson TX between now and early July. "Apex" June 5th (one day deal may be sold out) "SCCA Track Night" June 6th. "The Drivers Edge" June 10th & 11th. "APEX" June 24th, and another "The Drivers Edge" on July 8th& 9th. I don't expect Eagles Canyon to be operating again until late fall or early winter. Time will tell on that.

TMO Supporting Vendors