The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Easy Fixer Upper?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jneary

Performance Fords
Norcal
Wow, this hit hard as even the STB is bent upwards like a teepee....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Mustang-Boss-302-RECARO-REAR-DIFF-6-SPEED-1-095-MILES-REPAIREABLE-REBUILDABLE-SALVAGE-LOT-/291037633944?forcerrptr=true&hash=item43c331dd98&item=291037633944&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

Shows how the air bags going off trashes the interior even in a non-life threatening event.

15.jpg

23.jpg

39.jpg

42.jpg

John

That thing took a huge shunt in the right front. "No visible frame damage"...? BS, and what a idiotic comment. There's no "frame"... it's a unibody dummy, and from the looks of how the STB is sitting at least an inch higher and to the left (to the right from the photo perspective) of where it should be, that right strut tower looks like it moved inward. Not good. Other than potentially salvageable parts, run, don't walk away from this one.

dmichaels

Papa Smurf
CT
Had the rear of mine smashed (both rear quarters, both tail lights, bumper, and one wheel) and it was $14k total. I agree with Steve on $20k damage. Too bad, the rest of the car looks pretty good. If it was $10k I might buy it

BLAZN BOSS

DMichaels said:
Had the rear of mine smashed (both rear quarters, both tail lights, bumper, and one wheel) and it was $14k total. I agree with Steve on $20k damage. Too bad, the rest of the car looks pretty good. If it was $10k I might buy it

I want one rear tire and wheel for a travel spare. They can keep that mangled mess.

jneary

Performance Fords
Norcal
Well, I'm for keeping all of these on the road but thats way too much for a car that needs to be disassembled so far to make it right again. I mean, good lord, the seats are a couple grand each plus all of the interior parts that get trashed when the air bags let go. AND THAT's after you have pulled the drivetrain to fix the structural damage. Im just amazed. I guess the idiocy of the 60/70 repairs that have been going on the last decade makes people think that there aren't any used newer bosses for sale....

BLAZN BOSS

jneary said:
Well, I'm for keeping all of these on the road but thats way too much for a car that needs to be disassembled so far to make it right again. I mean, good lord, the seats are a couple grand each plus all of the interior parts that get trashed when the air bags let go. AND THAT's after you have pulled the drivetrain to fix the structural damage. Im just amazed. I guess the idiocy of the 60/70 repairs that have been going on the last decade makes people think that there aren't any used newer bosses for sale....

And who would want a "salvage" title?

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
I have always been curious if it is possible to get a body in white and rebuild a car with unibody damage. Could this rebuild be titled?

We did it in the military all the time. No title issues there.

If someone was interested in a 302R/S build, this may be a good start. Body and cage for $14-20K.

Just a thought.

I think it'd be kinda cool to take a "lightly totalled" Boss and turn it into a convertable. Expensive, but cool. This one might be a candidate if you could get it for ~$10-15K.

TMO Supporting Vendors