The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Ebay motor oil - would you trust?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This will not be your typical oil thread --- Which is better? What do you use? Where are you finding the best prices? I see it as a potential

With the oil prices going up with everything else I did some price shopping on Ebay for Mobil 1. I find 5 qt bottles of 5w20 or 30 for $25.02 though maybe 28 bucks shipped. I have a problem with things having too good of a price, am skeptical and can't get the " if it's too good to be true it probably is" out of my head. The photos of the jugs look different than actual bottles and all numerous sellers are using the same photos. The seller names are just off with some having very low transaction numbers. Reviews are not great in any way. Some of the sellers that I dug into sell all kinds of of stuff like post/pans, plastic goods and other things non auto related. I'm guilty of purchasing some Chinese stuff in the past like LED flashlights for fun and look for the closest shipping so try to pick a close "hub". There are "hubs" in areas like NJ, NY, Kansas, Florid, California and so on. The oil sellers seem to be shipping from the same areas which makes me question.

With the above being said. Is the oil legit? I do not know but am going to stay away from ebay motor oil. I value my engine too much.

What are your thoughts?

TMO Supporting Vendors