The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

EBC brakes and a wheel question ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Honestly , bit biased here , back when Woodhouse Dodge, Chrysler , Ram, Jeep, Ford had a Motorsports Division ( we did the most modifications on Vipers of anyone in the US ) we were given brake pads to try by numerous companies. I know Danny Puskar and his brother at G-Loc quite well and we found them to be a superior pad. We used Pagids also and they also are a solid performer. We were not fond of Hawks as they are a bit hard on rotors , but regardless of all this I would sure recommend you get a pad that is fairly easy to acquire. It may seem hard to believe , but there are often times where you can not get a pad or not enough folks carry it , so you end up chasing the Country trying to find replacements. G-Locs are made in the US ( North Carolina ) so that is beneficial in no shipping delays outside the US of A and that can be huge. KNS and Optimum Performance both carry them and other pads and going to a source that works with this site and knows Mustangs will likely save you time and also make sure you get what will meet your needs. Just saying, because service is so key for racers, having been in a position where we ( Woodhouse Auto Family ) did carry other pads in the past and constantly being out of inventory, delayed or discontinuing a product model taught us that quality products with solid distribution was as important as killer stopping power.

Last edited:
MD
I order them from this retailer. There are a few other sources but they're not sponsors here so didn't want to advertise.

EDIT: Looks like the price shot up by $120/set to $625. tf-works.com has them listed at $480. Not sure if prices went up across the board and they just haven't updated yet. Essex also has them listed at $625.

Last edited:

Norm Peterson

Corner Barstool Sitter
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
a few miles east of Philly
thanks for the input, called Steeda a found out I can take the studs out of the spacers I have and still use them with the longer studs, New FPR hubs with longer studs on the way,
Good call - those would have been my suggestions as well. The only thing you want from a spacer is its thickness.

Most people who buy those adapters/spacers assume that they're just something that can be bolted on and forgotten about, never mind the matter of the spacer to hub bolting losing clamp load over time.

Norm

EBC Brakes

Supporting Vendor
So Im trying out a set of EBC Blue NDX pads, just got them put on today, will keep updating when I have more to share. The front pads came with grease that looks to have copper suspended in it for the pins and slide area. (10,500 miles for reference).

View attachment 63890

View attachment 63891

View attachment 63892

View attachment 63893

View attachment 63894

View attachment 63895

View attachment 63896
Hi @BluPil, would love to hear, how have you gotten on with the BlueStuff? We now also offer race specific pads, our RP-series, if you were ever looking to have track dedicated pads

TMO Supporting Vendors