The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

EBC Brakes Pad Giveaway - December

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Always love to see another company supporting TMO!

I’ll keep my submission short and sweet. Got into autocrossing locally right out of high school on Long Island but got away from the sport working weekends to get through college and graduate school. Years later my father picked up the hobby and began autocrossing his forester XT. Fast forward to today, we’ve been autocrossing competitively for the past 4 years together on the SCCA tour. We started out racing in street classes but most recently have been developing a S197 for CAM-C with the insights of many TMO members. After unsuccessfully trying pads from Porterfield, Stoptech, and Powerstop we could definitely benefit from some EBC stopping power!

For the pic submission, I’ll include alittle before and after action:

Before Running D Street with sketchy brakes (check out dads face 😂)D3404537-6ECE-4B58-80D6-C84B25A285C5.jpeg
After, Running CAM-C where we are giving everyone a run for their money in a “lowly” V6 pony. Dad’s more comfortable these days but we still could use more stopping power lol
13F75AD4-AB19-4B52-B370-9850D6F66A0A.jpeg9055AE83-3FDC-4FE8-9EDF-8DA871D557A8.jpeg
Happy Holiday’s
-J

PatientZero

@restless_performance
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Kansas City, Missouri
My trip to Heartland Park this past September has to be my favorite memory driving my car. It's taken countless hours and dollars to finally get the car to this point. After going through 4 transmissions over the past 5 years and finally being able to take the car out and drive it like I envisioned is a dream come true.

track1.jpg

EBC Brakes

Supporting Vendor
Always love to see another company supporting TMO!

I’ll keep my submission short and sweet. Got into autocrossing locally right out of high school on Long Island but got away from the sport working weekends to get through college and graduate school. Years later my father picked up the hobby and began autocrossing his forester XT. Fast forward to today, we’ve been autocrossing competitively for the past 4 years together on the SCCA tour. We started out racing in street classes but most recently have been developing a S197 for CAM-C with the insights of many TMO members. After unsuccessfully trying pads from Porterfield, Stoptech, and Powerstop we could definitely benefit from some EBC stopping power!

For the pic submission, I’ll include alittle before and after action:

Before Running D Street with sketchy brakes (check out dads face 😂)View attachment 71081
After, Running CAM-C where we are giving everyone a run for their money in a “lowly” V6 pony. Dad’s more comfortable these days but we still could use more stopping power lol
View attachment 71082View attachment 71083
Happy Holiday’s
-J
awesome what a great bonding experience!

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Spinning out at High Plains Raceway in 2020 was the dirtiest I've ever saw my car but the guys spoke quite highly of the dust storm I raised up. The infamous spinout in Hasting was a close second but all I got from that was a bill from George for all the alfalfa I gathered up in the undercarriage and a F.A.R.T. sticker from some old geezer from Blair, Nebraska.IMG_0994.jpg

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Lenoir City TN
I don't have a lot of on track photos, I am usually too busy driving to take them. Here are a couple from the weekend at Sebring that started the insanity. These are from my first track event Memorial Weekend 2016. I received an email for a Camp Steeda/Track Guys weekend at Sebring in March of that year around my birthday and thought this could be fun, so I bought myself a birthday present. When the time came I loaded up the car and my wife and made the nearly 800 mile trek to Sebring. The car was still in street form at the time and I didn't have a trailer yet. We made the drive down on Friday, ran Saturday and Sunday and made the trip home on Monday, without even a spare tire. A lot has changed since that weekend, but I am still having fun.EF Sebring 2.jpg

EF Sebring 1.jpg

EBC Brakes

Supporting Vendor
I cant think of a truly "favorite" time, but I can think of perhaps the most meaningful to date for me. It would be the day this photo was taken:
View attachment 70955

This was taken in early March 2021 during my second ever HPDE event, and was the morning after buying this car and hitting the track with paper plates and 40 miles on the odometer. Its a story for another day as to how a wild twist of fate and circumstances allowed that to happen, but I'll just say I feel blessed and grateful.

I lost my dad to rapid onset leukemia in 2020 and it had been a royal struggle to cope. Tracking is something I had always wanted to do with him but the finances were never there to support it. When life threw us a bone in early 2021, it made things possible and we jumped head first into the track world - but it still felt bittersweet despite how much fun it is. The day the above photo was taken was the first time in a very long time that I felt at peace with a sense of closure. I still get that same feeling of calming peace and closure to this date anytime I am in that car - its hard to explain.

I have since learned, and continue to learn, quite a bit on both the driving side and mechanical side with this car, and have put a lot of work into transforming it into the track car I want. Every day is a new favorite moment :)

View attachment 70957
Congratulations, You are the winner! Please PM your full vehicle details (model, year & engine size) in the 'conversations', as well as your choice of pads and any part number (Can be found in the link in our signature) along with your full name and shipping address. Thank you to everyone who participated. Remember FORUM10USER code gets you 10% discount at www.perfectbrakes.com

TMO Supporting Vendors