The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

ECM / Computer issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hi, I have a Boss 302 Hennessey HPE 700 in Karachi, Pakistan. Yesterday I was racing and may have redlined it in 3rd gear. The car just died on me and is not starting. Since then a red light showing a "car and lock' has been blinking continuously. I think the computer has locked itself. I will appreciate any advice please.

Thanks,

Abul

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
Abul:

Glad you found the blown fuse, but now you have to find the cause. Look over the wiring harness that supports this fuse for a grounded positive lead wire.

The fuse is likely to blow again until you find the cause.

Nice to see another Mustang fan in Pakistan.

Good luck and post up some pics of your Mustang.
302 Hi Pro

Glad you found the problem but I'd follow Daves advice and look for the source of the blown fuse. Good luck!

Thanks guys. I will look into the wiring harness, but I feel maybe its just that the supercharger made the pump work more than it was capable of, and or issue with a booster installed by hennessey. I have sent two emails to hennessey and called once, but no reply from them in a week: very disappointing.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel