The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Eibach Multi Pro R2 ...debating...input?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I know nothing about them but let us know how they work.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
For that price, I would get ASTs, although these are only single-adjustable: http://www.vorshlag.com/product_info.php?cPath=141_142_179&products_id=555

Sesshomurai

I'm curious about those R2's as well. But if you are going to buy coilovers, I wouldn't get single adjustable, we already have that stock and it wouldn't justify the expense, in my humble opinion. A minimum of double adjustable (rebound and compression), which I think the R2's have.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
What you're buying with the ASTs is the damper design and performance. AST5200s are what most of the Grand Am cars run--I'll be getting a set of those for my own car at some point in the future. Anyways that's my 0.02.

Sesshomurai

ArizonaGT said:
What you're buying with the ASTs is the damper design and performance. AST5200s are what most of the Grand Am cars run--I'll be getting a set of those for my own car at some point in the future. Anyways that's my 0.02.

They're pretty sweet. The AST5200s I found here[1] are also double adjustable. For another big-ticket coil-over, I also like the Ohlins[2].

[1] http://www.shopcapaldiracing.com/products/ast-5200-shocks-absorbers
[2] http://performanceshock.com/images/E92M3_studio2_wm_web.jpg

Sesshomurai

But for the price I'm also very curious about the eibach R2's (they also look cool to me as well).

Of course OHLINS are AMAZING. I had a set on my RS4 and my friend has them on his EVO X but I wasn't looking to spend that amout of money.

I dont know AST, I will look into them

Thought about KW Clubsport but they are around 3k

the Eibach seems like a good deal, Monotube and 3 way adjustable w/ External Reservoir

LindsayEOD said:
Are the JRZ's that much better than AST's? I have never been in a Mustang with the JRZ's but I have with the AST's and they blew me away.

The JRZ offering for the mustang in brand new. Paul Brown ran JRZ's on his mustang when he won the 2011 GTS championship. But this is the first time I've have seen them offered to the public. JRZ's and AST's are direct competitor. I figured it was just a matter of time before JRZ had coilovers for the mustang, once AST released theirs. You can't go wrong with AST's 4150 / 4250 or JRZ's RS1 / RS. They are both made to take the abuse of track driving and have large adjustment ranges to accommodate a large range of spring rates.

Rehagen runs Multimatic.

You can get good results from the R2. Buy them from MM with their caster camber plate and custom spring rates and you'll very happy. The problem is Eibach has their heads up their you know what at the moment, doesn't mean they don't make a quality product just they don't know how to use it.

908ssp said:
Rehagen runs Multimatic.

You can get good results from the R2. Buy them from MM with their caster camber plate and custom spring rates and you'll very happy. The problem is Eibach has their heads up their you know what at the moment, doesn't mean they don't make a quality product just they don't know how to use it.

Haha..debating between those Eibach R2, or JRZ RS1 (1 way adjustable) and Ohlins R/T (1 way adjustable).

I cant say for sure but I have no doubt the JRZ and Ohlins are a better shock and even if the Eibachs are 3 way adjustable they wont be as good, but the other 2 cost more. Not sure what being better between the Ohlins and JRZ

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
Careful with the Ohlins, make sure you don't have fitment issues. We have one forum member, LBP, that you may want to PM and pick his brain a bit. That said, those dampers look totally, how do you say - OFF THE HOOK ! ;D

Sesshomurai

Cortex offers ohlins damper upgrades to their bundle for s197. Front offset for better fitment too.

TMO Supporting Vendors