The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Eibach R2 Coilovers Setup?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hello guys! I am new in this forum here.

I have a 2012 V6 (yeah i know) which is a DD and also my occasion track car. I live in SoCal and I run Buttonwillow like once every two month. I have been "attacking" the track for one year now, and my personal best record is 2:01 in Buttonwillw CW13.

My question is, I just purchased a set of Eibach R2 Coilovers and wondering if anyone has experience or suggestions for the compression/rebound setup. PS* I bought the 2005-2010 R2 coilovers, springs rate is 305 front and 205 rear and I already bought a GT500 style strut mount in order to fit the coilovers on my car. For tires, I run AD08R 265 square setup with 18" F14, I also have aero in my car if it makes any differences.

Thanks in advance guys! :p

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Welcome to TMO! I don't have any experience with the Eibachs, so I can't be any help there. Hopefully somebody who has will chime in.

But I gotta say that time is smokin' for Buttonwillow...and exactly why I want to build a similar ('11-'12+) V6 car for dedicated track use.

Post up some pics when you have a chance.

A friend of mine and local member YoPauly has the R2's on his Boss and they work quite well. Unfortunately his settings won't do you much good plus he has much stiffer springs. I'm sure you'll be quite pleased with them especially if you're still on stock dampers. Welcome to TMO and post up some track photos of your car in the thread below.

https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=6706.0

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
Hi RileyChan01:

Yes, Welcome to the TrackMustangsOnline Forum. It sounds like you have a nice Mustang that Is a very capable Track car.

Good luck,
302 Hi Pro

captdistraction

GrumpyRacer
Phoenix, Az
I have some mild experience from back in 2012:

I was at their California facility, where they assemble many of the kits for a promo gig (video further down with my rough first attempt at an interview). The machining and testing work seems very solid, and the red car in the first picture was equipped with them. I do believe they're a twin tube damper design, however some twin tube kits have been very effective.

magnaflow-8.jpg

The mustang-specific kits were on the counter:
magnaflow-9.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZqVCfsj3yg

captdistraction said:
I have some mild experience from back in 2012:

I was at their California facility, where they assemble many of the kits for a promo gig (video further down with my rough first attempt at an interview). The machining and testing work seems very solid, and the red car in the first picture was equipped with them. I do believe they're a twin tube damper design, however some twin tube kits have been very effective.

magnaflow-8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZqVCfsj3yg

That must of brought back some memories.
And today your fully gutted and 100% track ready.

TMO Supporting Vendors