The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Eibach Sportline Lowering Springs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sesshomurai

Hi,
I bought these but have not put them on yet.

http://www.tunersdepot.com/Suspension/Lowering-Springs/Eibach--Sportline-Lowering-Springs---2012-Ford-Mustang-Boss-302-95761.html

Wanted to get opinions. I want a lower stance for track handling purposes and partly for stance. I also got a panhard bar. These springs lower 1.7"-2.3". So my question is,
do I have to have my track key reprogrammed after these springs are installed? Camber kit mandatory or only if tires are not aligned?

Will the dealer reprogram my trackey if needed or is this something they "wont' touch"?

thanks for any tips. Yes, I read the suspension sticky above! Good info.

Darren

If you are using the same size tires, then TK should not need anything. If you are not, then they can reprogram TK to match the new tires. I'm not sure what all it changes, probably the ABS/TC/stability control and the speedo.

I imagine the lowering numbers are based on the GT and they just added it to the Boss availability, since they don't specify otherwise. So the front will not lower as much as the rear, since the Boss is already lower in the front.

I would call Eibach and ask them what they suggest, I know some people use crash bolts instead of camber plates even on track cars and iirc that is what FRPP told me when I asked, though that is on stock ride height.

With that big of a drop you'll want the relocation brackets as well. Also either cut or buy the shorter bump stops. It's going to look nice but dropping it that much is also going to limit your travel. I hope your local tracks are very smooth.

Swapping springs does not impact TK.

Sesshomurai

5 DOT 0 said:
With that big of a drop you'll want the relocation brackets as well. Also either cut or buy the shorter bump stops. It's going to look nice but dropping it that much is also going to limit your travel. I hope your local tracks are very smooth.

Swapping springs does not impact TK.

Good point. I also have to consider its ability to get back on my race ramps. I have the extenders for the race ramps though...we'll see.

Also either cut or buy the shorter bump stops.

The Eibach kit comes with new (shorter) bump stops for the rear. Your rear end will move towards the drivers side about 1/2". Remove and measure your OEM Panhard and set up the new one to be 1/4" shorter and you be almost spot-on with axle centering.

Sesshomurai

CoolTechLLC said:
Also either cut or buy the shorter bump stops.

The Eibach kit comes with new (shorter) bump stops for the rear. Your rear end will move towards the drivers side about 1/2". Remove and measure your OEM Panhard and set up the new one to be 1/4" shorter and you be almost spot-on with axle centering.

Thank you for the tips. Much appreciated. This is the panhard bar I ordered:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/BMR-PHR006H/

TMO Supporting Vendors