The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Electric cars... the cons

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Philly Metro Area
The police dept next town over from me has a Tesla among their patrol cars.
Is it a rural or urban area? The police cars in and around Philly spend a lot of time idling. When it's real hot or real cold with with either the AC cranking or heater blowing, and they're not driving around to have any regenerative power, what does that do to their range?

Similarly, we've had people stuck in their cars for hours on a highway during snowstorms. How Will EVs be able to cope compared to regular cars?

The area around here , I would say, is semi urban....It's not New York City, but it's not Hooterville, either. EV's have a lot of questions to answer....that's why I'm not jumping on the band wagon right now.....................if ever????

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
Is it a rural or urban area? The police cars in and around Philly spend a lot of time idling. When it's real hot or real cold with with either the AC cranking or heater blowing, and they're not driving around to have any regenerative power, what does that do to their range?

Similarly, we've had people stuck in their cars for hours on a highway during snowstorms. How Will EVs be able to cope compared to regular cars?
Been there, done that!

Spent 12 or 14 hours sitting on the side of a mountain and then in a tunnel (Big Walker Tunnel if I recall right) near Bland, West Virginia (I think?) after running into an unpredicted snow/ice storm on the way home from Myrtle Beach one year. I had just filled up and we were fine all night, but I'm sure an E vehicle would be toast.

Next day they took us up the road to a school in Bland and imprisoned us for 2 days more because there was snow on the road still. US Army flew in food, landed big choppers in the school yard. Way cool stuff!

I told our good samaritan captors that we race on snow and ice where I come from and this was no biggie, it had stopped snowing 12 hours ago so I was leaving, thanks for the kindness. Got my trusty shovel out, dug my way out and arrived home 10 hours later.

People think nothing bad will ever happen but shti surely does happen when you least expect it!

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Last edited:

Norm Peterson

Corner Barstool Sitter
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
a few miles east of Philly
Fratzog? I must have been sleeping from 1962 to 1976. Whatever it was, Dodge is bring it back for their EVs.

It was there, but as far as I know was never given a name. Hiding in plain sight.

I'm positive that the 1964 Dodge 330 sedan that my Dad owned (and handed down to me in 1970) had that emblem as a surround for the trunk keyhole. Here's a picture of somebody else's '64 330.

1630078405675.png

Norm

Dave_W

Cones - not just for ice cream
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Connecticut
God forbid it would be a SuperBee
You mean SuperBeEV?

I remember the Fratzog logo from my childhood, as we were a long-time Mopar family. Legend has it my great-grandfather was hired by one of the Dodge brothers, and worked for Chrysler engineering to his retirement. My grandfather was able to purchase a New Yorker development mule through him in the mid-50s. My Dad has fond memories of that car, especially the Hemi engine.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel