The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Electronic wire throttle enhancements...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

looks like these devices have been around for a few years. Being that our throttle bodies are computer controlled, has anyone placed one of these devices on their boss? If so, is it worth it, or is this something that can be fixed with a good custom tune?

Also curious to see if anyone uses these on the track.

I assume you are talking about the electronic units that plug in between the electronic pedal and the ECU and not the actual throttle body.

As far as I know, those devices just fool the ECU into thinking you are pressing the pedal quicker than you are, giving the impression that it is actually doing something. All it can actually do is make your foot look faster than it is.

Personally, I think you are far better off with a tune from a reputable vendor. I don't want anything non-OEM between the electronic pedal and the ECU. I don't trust that those devices will be as fail-safe as the OEM pedal electronics since they don't have the same liability Ford does is something goes wrong.

Our team engineer that used to work for SVT says he hates them, however, the one from JMS chip does make the throttle in my GT500 feel a lot like the cable throttle in my blown 99 GT.
As stated, all it does is rearrange the ones and o's to make it feel more responsive with the electronic throttle.

Shaun12 said:
what was the SVT guy's issues with the device?

I think quality control more than anything, since then he did a tune for me and I D/Cd the JMS unit, it's kinda up to the particular person, I felt it helped because I was used to the throttle cable setup in my GT, some don't... just depends. I've purchased stuff from JMS before, they're decent folks, that's where my blower came from for my 99, I'd deal with them anytime.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel