The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Emblempros.com Faux Gas Cap

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
Got my new boss 302 Fax Gas cap today from http://www.emblempros.com/inc/sdetail/25116/24147
instructions were online. not to terrible to install. I took off the Third brake light decal as I thought it was to much to have that the license plate and the faux gas cap. What do you guys think? I think it should have come with something like this from the factory vice the std v6 faux gas cap.

Also thinking of painting in the ford letters black to help them stand out more

576487_484499101582666_1725959659_n.jpg

598767_484499148249328_852807374_n.jpg

Looks good Justin 8)
Have had mine sitting here for a couple of weeks.
Waiting to find a donor trunk emblem. May just have to mod my original.

Justin

wonder if I can get someone to make decals cut to just apply inside? That would make it easier for me. my other idea is to tape off the area hit it with spray paint then take a rag in paint thinner to remove the paint leaving only the letters black.

Justin said:
been hoving over getting these in white for the valve covers
http://www.emblempros.com/inc/sdetail/25122/22938
Those are nice. I would have installed those instead of painting mine if they were available at the time.

BTW I'm glad you didn't drill out your emblem from the outside when you installed yours. I'd paint the silver wart black and skip painting the FORD on the emblem. The paint could flake off easily painting over the chrome.

P1030513.jpg

Justin

I just drilled it from the back like the instructions said to. lol I guess you could skip pulling the rest off if you drilled it from the front. I could reinstall the factory piece if I wanted too just apply it like the aftermarket one.

I am worried about the paint flaking off thats why I am thinking go with decals.....or better yet I am going to email emblem pros and see if you will laser cut letters to place on the inside.

I'll have a center piece only available after tomorrow. The Black disc with the Tri-bar pony on it. Not the chrome & silver piece.
Found a replacement complete emblem & will be removing the center piece, if thats all you need.

TMO Supporting Vendors