The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Enclosed trailer alarm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Maryland
Some late night entrepreneurs visited my enclosed race trailer. Cut through the rear door hasps and itemized some potential future acquisitions. Lucky the car and tools weren’t in the trailer. I guess they were hoping for something else (landscape equip?) because they didn’t feel like humping my steel hitch, winch or battery home. Slackers. Anyway, I’m guessing they will be back. They hit the trailer side facing the woods so my Eufy camera did not see anything. So, time for some upgrades.
I am looking for non lethal suggestions. I am in Maryland and they frown on midnight entrepreneurs getting hurt.
Currently Wi-Fi does not reach the trailer. Although I am debating a solar panel solution and additional Plume pod for a nearby shed.
i need at least a loud internal horn activated by door pin switches with a hidden arming switch, and a timeout on the alarm if I am not home. I don’t really want an expensive commercial solution.
If I were talented enough, I would try to get something that could ping my cellphone. maybe Add a Eufy doorbell cam to get a mugshot?

So let me open the floor for suggestions. Thoughts?

TIA- Mike

carver

breaker of wrenches
ontario
Adopt a big dog. Best alarm system ever and it won't require wifi. Also put up Guard Dog signs around the property. That alone will deter most criminals.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Lenoir City TN
You can get infra red game cameras that take pictures without a flash so they don't follow the flash to the camera. There are also cellular models that upload pictures automatically in case they steal the camera. I think I would look at options to park the trailer in a different orientation so the doors face the house instead of the woods. Less likely for thieves to break in if they don't have cover.

If you could get wifi out there Ring makes some handy battery powered cameras that record to a cloud and have night vision, 2 way speaker, and even a siren that goes off upon movement within a user set time frame, say 8 pm to 6 am or whatever you choose. Siren alone would probably scurry them away.

You can get infra red game cameras that take pictures without a flash so they don't follow the flash to the camera. There are also cellular models that upload pictures automatically in case they steal the camera. I think I would look at options to park the trailer in a different orientation so the doors face the house instead of the woods. Less likely for thieves to break in if they don't have cover.
I was thinking you might actually want the flash so they know they were had, but they might go look for the cameras, so they should be placed way out of reach.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Maryland
Game camera seems like a good idea. I still need a loud alarm. I, and a few friends, are formulating a plan. Wi-Fi camera inside, loud noise, maybe led exterior light with camera. I want to avoid any monthly fees. This might be an interesting project.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel