The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

End Of The Line...for now

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

So far this winter, my son and I have been fortunate enough to have been able to take rides together ( him in his FRS & me in the Boss) usually on the weekends, in between snow events.That streak seems to be ending this weekend with 4-6 inches of snow predicted for Sat nite into Sun morning. This winter has been bad as far as cold and snow and is finally keeping the Boss hostage in the garage. Spring is 6 weeks away........CAN"T WAIT....... :mad:

I feel your pain!!! Mine has been hybernating in the garage on the battery tender since the second week in December. Over three feet of snow on the ground now with another 12+ inches expected tomorrow. Hang in there it won't be long now!

GB218

TMO Addict
I feel like you guys are rubbing it in.....

Mine has been sitting and on the tender since they coated the roads with salt last October. White roads/black ice doesn't make for good driving.

Enough of the snow already. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Here's hoping for an early spring!!

GB218

Since November for me. As soon as the road salt comes out... They downgraded to less than a foot in my area, but the last time they said that nature made it clear no one is it's boss.

i live in new york and we are getting hammered all winter! my dad in colorado tells me it was in the 70s the other day. serenity now! miss my boss

Last drove mine in early December. I am practicing what the owners manual says and running it for a while and driving up and down the driveway to keep it all nice and happy. Hard to do in MA now. I literally had to rake a mass of snow between my roof dormers that could have hidden my BOSS. Once snow melts and the salt is washed away and the big pot holes are filled I'm back! I'm guessing late April. DAMMIT

GB218

TMO Addict
Hey Guys,

They say that we will get into the 40's and 50's this week here on the east coast. We may actually be able to start our babies up and let them idle for a while...

Spring can't get here soon enough.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
GB218 said:
Hey Guys,

They say that we will get into the 40's and 50's this week here on the east coast. We may actually be able to start our babies up and let them idle for a while...

Spring can't get here soon enough.

Yes indeed, it hit low 50's here yesterday, it was like someone threw the switch! Rain called for on Tuesday thru Wednesday to wash away the salt, so it won't be long now.

Then it's pot hole repair season and around here, they are particularly bad this year.

Have fun,
Dave
2HP

GB218

TMO Addict
Not that anyone out there with nice weather cares .... But...

Spring arrived yesterday. We celebrated here in the East by getting another 6+ inches of snow. Even my snow blower is fed up and tired of it.

Today we have temps in the 40's, so everything is starting to melt again (Thank God).

Hoping that that was the last of it until next winter......

GB218 said:
Not that anyone out there with nice weather cares .... But...

Spring arrived yesterday. We celebrated here in the East by getting another 6+ inches of snow. Even my snow blower is fed up and tired of it.

Today we have temps in the 40's, so everything is starting to melt again (Thank God).

Hoping that that was the last of it until next winter......

I'm on the east coast also and feel you pain.

dmichaels

Papa Smurf
CT
I'm signed up for a track day in exactly 2 weeks from today. Not confident the snow will be melted at limerock... And not sure I'll be able to get to my trailer... I love snow and skiing but I'm ready for warmth!!!

TMO Supporting Vendors