The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Engine Braking with TK

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Might be a dumb question, but is any way to turn off the engine braking feature( like the lopey idle)? I like the TK but in traffic the engine braking is a pain in butt sometimes.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
I actually don't think it's too bad in traffic to engine brake. I just don't use the brake pedal and try to keep the car rolling in 2nd or 3rd gear...but I'm lazy that way.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
cosm3os said:
Whatever happened to the notion of "clutches are more expensive to replace than brake pads"? Least. that's how I was taught.

They are...but if you lug it around on the street and leave it in gear, you aren't wearing any more of the clutch or the brakes.

To 'save' clutch (and syncro/tranny) wear, I rev match and heel/toe downshift all the time. But that's just so I can abuse it upshifting like a drag racer.

TMO Supporting Vendors