The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Engine build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OMG 800HP

thats maybe more than im thinking, The Boss is a great track car but doubling the output is going to make it suck on track me thinks, but thanks, im thinking Aluminator S/C and maybe the procharger that way i can wind on what boost i want

To be honest, if I was going to go centri, I would rather go with either the Vortec or the Paxton kit.The thing I really don't like about the prochargers is that the air intake is right above your headers so you are sucking in the hot air above the headers and bringing it into the system and then you are going to have to deal with that hot air into a system that will have troubles with keeping the air cool by nature.

Sean said:
To be honest, if I was going to go centri, I would rather go with either the Vortec or the Paxton kit.The thing I really don't like about the prochargers is that the air intake is right above your headers so you are sucking in the hot air above the headers and bringing it into the system and then you are going to have to deal with that hot air into a system that will have troubles with keeping the air cool by nature.

Yeah Sean, its the one thing that puts me off, may as well call it a Hot air intake

I found a solution

Ive bought a Laguna seca

I will now buy a long block for the Boss and fit that, shell be good as new, then it will be, which one shall i drive today lol

ian

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
big red one said:
I found a solution

Ive bought a Laguna seca

I will now buy a long block for the Boss and fit that, shell be good as new, then it will be, which one shall i drive today lol

ian

Congratulations :)

big red one said:
Ive bought a Laguna seca

ian
FTW! What is it with BMO members across the pond owning two Bosses?

i've some across a few different sites regarding the cai between paxton and PC. IATs were almost identical. i'll try and dig it up. Not favoring one over the other, just don't let that myth sway your decesion

Every time us birtts buy another boss and ship it across the atlantic it increases your investment by a small amount

you should be proud of us

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Gotta love the passion of anyone over there who has gone through purchasing and shipping processes to get these great Mustangs across the pond.

big red one said:
Every time us birtts buy another boss and ship it across the atlantic it increases your investment by a small amount

you should be proud of us

TymeSlayer said:
Gotta love the passion of anyone over there who has gone through purchasing and shipping processes to get these great Mustangs across the pond.
The purchasing and shipping part is relatively easy it's the combined 30% tax when it gets here that's the killer

I was looking forward to that Aluminator XL going in Ian.......with your new purchase (UK or US?) that must make around 10 or 11 Bosses here in the UK.
We had 4 at our annual club show this summer, yes including BMO's PTROCKS '12 in the forground :) and can you spot the '70 snuck in there to!

IMG_8746_zps5a2b6d21.png

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel