The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

engine misfire

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinbot1966 said:
CPTMac689 "Maybe yours is acting up just as a cry for attention!" no, that would be my 2012 Kawasaki ZX14R (209 RWHP) acting out ;D

Back on topic - received a call from the dealership today, they would like to have the car back in for further analysis.

First step they want to try is to disable the skip-shift sensor and see if there are still "concerns" present. If there are still concerns, then they will be looking at "electrical connections and components". If the first two actions do not work, they mentioned some additional diagnostic tests and possible part(s) replacements.

Sounds like a good plan. I forgot to add that my dealership replaced the "crank shaft sensor" it was defective and would cause the random codes. My service guy appreciated the feedback that I was passing on to them from the Boss Forums. Ere have been a number of these sensors found to be defective. Might be good to pass on this information.

got the car back from the dealership yesterday, ran it through the paces throughout the day (10 hard pulls)...no lockout of third gear or clutch stayout. Per my request, they reprogrammed the PCM with Ford's latest calibration file (this was not done during the first visit).

I hope the "fix" is/was just as simple as the latest calibration file.

If I have the same issues in the future, then Ford will send a field service engineer to the dealership.

Barry

dealership ran additional pinpoint tests, de-activated skip-shift and later re-connected the sensor, looked at wire harness connections, etc. The loading of the latest/newest pcm calibration file seems to have corrected my "concerns".

My hunch is that the PCM in it's original state from the factory contained some bits of "garbage/random" code that was causing issues.

Again I ran it hard today, at various times throughout the entire day to see if ambient temperature, humidity, engine temperature etc. had any bearing on the lockout and clutch stayout. I had zero issues.

TMO Supporting Vendors