The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Engine not reving past 2K rpm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KK1826 said:
I think the Laguna does not have this.
I may be wrong any back up.
There is no difference between the Boss and LS regarding how TK works. The engines are identical.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
snowboss said:
I see no point in using the "Track Key" in commute driving, Ford suggests it be used on the "TRACK". Ford engineers designed and tested it, and now wana be racers don't even know how it works. Geez!
They put it as "track use only" to get it past carb. Why not use it everyday? its better driving then the silver key and you pay 300+ dollars for it to only use at a track? surreeeeee

fbbob96

2013 SBY #0750
Those of you who said it was in launch mode were right. Went to the airport this morning and tried different idles and launches,and sure enough,thats what it was. Reset the idle to 3K and that suits me just fine. Thanks to all the input and help.So glad it wasn't anything mechanical. I'm a happy guy again.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel