The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Engine Tune's With Trackey

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I am uncertain if this topic has been discussed but if so please accept my apologizes. I was wondering other than Trackey, can the Boss be tuned differently with the black key as well and keep Trackey? Since the PCM I understand is a dual path, I am curious if the stock tune can be altered keeping Trackey intact?

January 19th, I have the chance to see the new 2013 Boss 302 first hand at the World of Wheels Car Show. The Mustang Club I belong to has a private invite from Ford to view this car and ask questions. So if anyone here has a question they want me to ask, please send me a PM and I will do my best and get back to you and the board with my overall opinion of the 2013.

I will be asking this tune question with Ford.

The problem with an aftermarket tune and TK is you'll need a more open CAI for the tune. That means you won't be able to use TK. I'm sure a separate tune can be added to the black key and still have TK activate but you're asking for problems IMO.

I asked Livernois Engineering if tuning for a CAI would affect the Track Key.
They said it would not.
I can't verify this as I haven't had it done yet.

fking1 said:
I asked Livernois Engineering if tuning for a CAI would affect the Track Key.
They said it would not.
I can't verify this as I haven't had it done yet.
Right the tuning won't but the CAI will. Airaid makes a CAI that doesn't need a tune. It has a reduction sleeve that can be removed if you use a tune. I guess you could leave the sleeve in for TK and remove it when you use the tune but I'll pass on that scenario. ::)

TMO Supporting Vendors