The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Engine Wiring Harness Replacements

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

American Muscle says the M-12508-M50 engine wiring harness will not fit a Boss, only a GT, which makes no sense. So I called them and they assured me it would not fit a 2012 or 2013 Boss. I then asked FRPP and they said the M50 harness and the improved camshaft actuators will work on my VIN specific Boss. So my question, can anyone confirm that they have successfully installed the M50 and the improved actuators on a 2012 Boss? I would not want to spend money on new parts and the PRS upgrade only to not have it fit or work properly.

Last edited:

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
There were several failures of the 2012 wiring harness where the only solution was the PRS upgrade. Later Ford upgraded their stuff and from what I recall there were few if any failures with the new harness.
I damaged an actuator and subsequently upgraded all and the harness. It didn’t break as much as I broke the part in reassembly after a valve spring change.
Happy with the new parts so far.

There were several failures of the 2012 wiring harness where the only solution was the PRS upgrade. Later Ford upgraded their stuff and from what I recall there were few if any failures with the new harness.
I damaged an actuator and subsequently upgraded all and the harness. It didn’t break as much as I broke the part in reassembly after a valve spring change.
Happy with the new parts so
Happy with the new parts so far.
So you track your 2012 Boss, had harness related issues, upgraded to the FRPP M50 plus actuators, did not do the PRS upgrade, and have not had any more harness issues? About how much track time do you have on the M50?

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Yes, I track my car. No I did not have harness related issues. What happened was I broke one of the actuators, upgraded all when I replaced the one and then had to upgrade the harness to match the new style plug in the upgraded actuators.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
So as I still am in search of fixing my gremlin issue and not having much luck so far with Ford. I am curious what's happening to the car when this problem occurred? I maybe be reaching for straws here because I'm not getting any codes when my car shuts down.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
From your signature pic, it looks like you have a 2011/12? If so have you performed the crank angle position sensor TSB?

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel