The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Enkei pf01 18x10.5 rear with 305's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I've been doing some research on here and trying to find the answer but have been unsuccessful so I'm gonna ask.

I'm ordering Enkei Pf-01's in 18x9.5 front with 35mm offset and running 275's. I'm wanting to run 305's in the rear but trying to decide if I need the 38mm offset or if I should order the custom 47mm offset Enkei's from cortex racing.

Does anyone run 305's in the rear on the Pf-01's with the 38mm offset? If so, how much do the tires stick out? Pics? Suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Luke

I do run 305s on the +38mm offsets and have several posts with pics. I actually ran Hoosier R6s in a 315/30/18 a couple weeks ago. The picture in my signature is on a 305/650/18 Continental slick with the suspension loaded coming out of Canada Corner. The pictures below are with the 315s.

uhui.jpg

m3ls.jpg

305/35s will poke but as long as you haven't cut your bumpstops down to nothing, they shouldn't rub. These are the 10.5 et 38 PF01s

I realize the pictures below are of the car under compression, but you get the idea. The car does not have a watts link, so the unloaded side will poke more than the loaded side.

A64F6966.jpg

photo.jpg

thanks for the replies guys!! good info..

is anyone running the 18x10.5 with 47mm offset from cortex suspensions with 305's?? I am going to give them a call when they open up today and talk to them.

Luke

SC BOSS said:
thanks for the replies guys!! good info..

is anyone running the 18x10.5 with 47mm offset from cortex suspensions with 305's?? I am going to give them a call when they open up today and talk to them.

Luke
There are two ways to look at it. The +47mm offset "fits" better and you should still be able to run a 305 or 315 without worrying about rubbing on the inside. The +38 widens the track so probably gives you a little more lateral stability and grip.

I went ahead and ordered the 18x9.5 35mm offset and 18x10.5 38 mm offset for now. Once I upgrade to cortex suspensions full coilover suspension, I will prob go with the 47mm wheels then (hopefully early next yr). Thanks for the help guys! Tires will be heat cycled and delivered next week and wheels should be here shortly after that!!

Luke

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
damn, I missed this thread until the wheels were already purchased. +45 is about perfect to put a 305 on the rear. I would have gone with the +47 and maybe added a 5mm spacer to make the effective offset +42.

neema said:
305/35s will poke but as long as you haven't cut your bumpstops down to nothing, they shouldn't rub. These are the 10.5 et 38 PF01s

I realize the pictures below are of the car under compression, but you get the idea. The car does not have a watts link, so the unloaded side will poke more than the loaded side.

A64F6966.jpg

photo.jpg

Neema, I realize that you are taking a banked corner in the above pictures, but your car looks beautifully flat! Is that all the bank effects or your suspension too?

I spoke with Filip today from cortex. He said the 305's will tuck nicely with the 47mm offset that they offer. I'm going to order a pair for the rear and mount the 305's on them. Will send the two 38mm offset rears back to tirerack. Thanks for the responses guys. I plan to run Cortex's FULL coil over suspension next year! Getting married in a few months, otherwise I'd pull the trigger now.

Luke

13Boss#3328 said:
Neema, I realize that you are taking a banked corner in the above pictures, but your car looks beautifully flat! Is that all the bank effects or your suspension too?

probably a mixture of the two. the car has a fair amount of spring rate (570/340) and slightly stiffer sway bars.

13Boss#3328 said:
How do you like it?
What suspension mod you've done

I rarely drive the car in the street, so I enjoy the stiffer spring rates for track use. I used to daily drive the car and the spring rates were too much. It would bug me after repeatedly driving the car over the non-avoidable bumpy section of road.

The car has KW Clubsports on it with steeda ball joints up front and cortex rear LCAs/brackets and a max Motorsports pan hard bar out back.

The next step could be looking into a nicer set of shocks, but I'm more concerned with tuning the nut behind the wheel. The car drives great as is.

SC BOSS said:
I went ahead and ordered the 18x9.5 35mm offset and 18x10.5 38 mm offset for now. Once I upgrade to cortex suspensions full coilover suspension, I will prob go with the 47mm wheels then (hopefully early next yr). Thanks for the help guys! Tires will be heat cycled and delivered next week and wheels should be here shortly after that!!

Luke
I am a bit confused about the front for a staggered ENKEI PF01 set (The rear 18x10.5 with the 47mm offset seems rather clear now, thanks to this forum)
Everyone is writing about 18x9.5 35mm offset but Cortex is advertising the 18x9.5 with 45mm offset...
Is there a front offset for coil over and a front offset for stock suspension (bigger spring)?

patrickshelby said:
I am a bit confused about the front for a staggered ENKEI PF01 set (The rear 18x10.5 with the 47mm offset seems rather clear now, thanks to this forum)
Everyone is writing about 18x9.5 35mm offset but Cortex is advertising the 18x9.5 with 45mm offset...
Is there a front offset for coil over and a front offset for stock suspension (bigger spring)?
The +45mm front will limit you to a 275 tire. I am running 295 R6s on the +35s with a stock style strut. On a coilover with a smaller tube guys are running as wide as 305s.

cloud9 said:
The +45mm front will limit you to a 275 tire. I am running 295 R6s on the +35s with a stock style strut. On a coilover with a smaller tube guys are running as wide as 305s.
So I should really go for
18x9.5 / 35mm front / 295 tire
18x10.5 / 47mm rear / 315 tire
Would that fit?

patrickshelby said:
So I should really go for
18x9.5 / 35mm front / 295 tire
18x10.5 / 47mm rear / 315 tire
Would that fit?
That setup fit on mine with Hoosier R6s in those sizes, however I have the +38mm rears. I "think" you'd be fine with the +47mm rear but I haven't tried it. You would be moving 3/8" closer to the rear shock and bump stop but I think there was closer to 1" available on mine with the +38mm. Again, disclaimer, I have not tried it with the +47mm.

On the fronts I ground off the end of the swaybar endlink bolt so it was behind the shock tube. I also ran a 1/8" spacer but I'm not sure it is necessary. I did not have any rubbing issues with the spacer, but I haven't tried running without it either.

cloud9 said:
That setup fit on mine with Hoosier R6s in those sizes, however I have the +38mm rears. I "think" you'd be fine with the +47mm rear but I haven't tried it. You would be moving 3/8" closer to the rear shock and bump stop but I think there was closer to 1" available on mine with the +38mm. Again, disclaimer, I have not tried it with the +47mm.

On the fronts I ground off the end of the swaybar endlink bolt so it was behind the shock tube. I also ran a 1/8" spacer but I'm not sure it is necessary. I did not have any rubbing issues with the spacer, but I haven't tried running without it either.
OK.
THANK YOU!
I will ask Cortex for the rear 47mm.
Would be nice to have the 315 inside the rear fenders

I too called Cortex and they recommended for a PF01 staggered set-up with 18 x 10.5 rears +47 to go with the +45 offset on the 18 x 9.5 front rim. Why not +35 offset? Who would want the +45 if it limits you to a 275 tires?

TMO Supporting Vendors