The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

EO Label location

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SeattleBoss

TrackAttack 9-23-13
The info accompanying the Trackey installation shows to place the EO label on the driver's side shock tower. I don't see any really good flat spot for placement, and just curious what some of you might have done.

The top edge of mine is slopped over that ridge where the two parts fit together on the strut tower...why didn't they make it to fit there if they wanted us to put it there?!! ???

I put mine on the back side of the driver's strut tower, facing the bracket that holds the sound tube. Compliant and stealthy, it seemed to fit there without modification or overlap.

Back in Black said:
Currently in the envelope in my room
Same here and that's where mine's staying until my first smog check in 4 1/2 years. ;)

batman48195

I never get tired of driving it!
Fiddler49 said:
The top edge of mine is slopped over that ridge where the two parts fit together on the strut tower...why didn't they make it to fit there if they wanted us to put it there?!! ???

Same here. I trimmed that edge off (very tiny)
Brian

BLAZN BOSS

if i had one it be the glove box...........but you calif. guys probably need to show it............im in va..........they dont care

jneary

Performance Fords
Norcal
Yeah, I understand compliance if something is obvious but since you'll never smog it with the track key, why would you place a sticker somewhere where the smog guy is gonna be flagged that there are modifications?

I have had smog guys refuse to test my car before because I rebuilt the engine and it looked "Too Clean" compared to the rest of the car! I told that guy that it was bone stock and that all I wanted was a test!!! He adamantly refused saying that it was "Too risky"!!!

Then, I took my 1995 GT in for a test a few months ago and the smog guy was himming and hawing because I finally got tired of replacing the stock vibration dampener every 90,000 miles (they fall apart) and bought an SFI approved dampener. He was nervous that there were more "less than legal" mods lurking in there. It took some explaining to do before he got it and the car really is bone stock with 235,000 miles.

I guess I would just leave that thing with the paperwork in the glove box.

John

Put mine in the garbage...jokes. I remember receiving it but since then have lost it. Not that it matter. a sticker wont save you when your cat-less with LTs loll. The car will be off the street before the first emissions test in 2019....

TMO Supporting Vendors