The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Epic GT500 Save

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
I found this over on R&T today. NSFW. Never figured out how to embed the video.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/motorsports/videos/a25314/heres-your-epic-track-save-of-the-day/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IquegFIrBU

Nice save. You just cut and past the youtube url into your post. Select modify your post to see how I did it.

Someone I met tonight who said he knew the driver said it was brake fade, I am thinking he was wrong since it locked up.
Very surprised he didn't flip it skidding that long and fast.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Brandon302 said:
Someone I met tonight who said he knew the driver said it was brake fade, I am thinking he was wrong since it locked up.
Very surprised he didn't flip it skidding that long and fast.

I ended up doing the same thing before switching to SRF and pagid pads. Even when you have brake fade if you turn in to soon/fast while mashing the faded brakes you can start a slide easily!! Where the slide will take you is another matter entirely! Glad everything worked out for him!!!

Mad Hatter said:
I ended up doing the same thing before switching to SRF and pagid pads. Even when you have brake fade if you turn in to soon/fast while mashing the faded brakes you can start a slide easily!! Where the slide will take you is another matter entirely! Glad everything worked out for him!!!

Never thought about that, I figured something locked up and caused the spin.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
Don't know about the condition of the brakes other than they did lock up. What I see is the Driver going full bore around the bend, and up shifting. Once the track comes back in to view, there is unexpected traffic in his line. It seemed as though he was did not expect the traffic, or the up coming curve.

Either way he was way to hot in his approach. Then to save it, the driver came right of traffic, then "flicked" the wheel left, and countered immediately with a hard pull to right. He induced the slide.

I just don't know why he was coming in so hot with the upshift at the bend. He did wait to clear traffic before he induced the slide. I thought it was a very skillful maneuver to avoid an accident.

One thing for sure what ever it was, it was an Epic save!

Just my .02,
Dave
302 Hi Pro

TMO Supporting Vendors