The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Eradispeed Plus 2 Piece Rotors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sesshomurai

Just installed these[1]. If anyone has experience with them let me know, otherwise I'll report back after my next track days.
14" all around. Comes with rear brackets so the larger rotor will fit. I was surprised at the wimpy rear rotor on the boss. I know it's not all that prevalent, but still.

[1] http://www.cjponyparts.com/baer-front-brake-rotor-eradispeed-plus-2-piece-14-inch-pair-gt-gt500-boss-302-2007-2012/p/BR44/

Looks like a nice set up. I'm not a big fan of the small rear rotor on the Boss. I'm sure our front brakes do most of the work which might be why Ford neglected to do anything to the back other than change pads. Took a quick look at instructions for rears. Did you have any clearance issues with stock wheels? Let us know how the brake balance feels after you get a chance to track em.

Sesshomurai

Hermes said:
Looks like a nice set up. I'm not a big fan of the small rear rotor on the Boss. I'm sure our front brakes do most of the work which might be why Ford neglected to do anything to the back other than change pads. Took a quick look at instructions for rears. Did you have any clearance issues with stock wheels? Let us know how the brake balance feels after you get a chance to track em.

I'm running the FR 302S wheels at the moment.

Burnishing them still and need to put about 300 miles on them before Oct 6/7, then the track test. Stay tuned.

btw. They look sweet through the wheel. Will post pics eventually.

They look nice but don't expect any braking improvement on the rear. The only reason to install larger rear rotors is for looks. The Grand Am cars use stock rotors/calipers while some of the WC cars use larger rear rotors with stock calipers.

Grand Am

lsDSC02169_zps90854ea5.jpg

WC

IMG_1559.jpg

Sesshomurai

Some racing groups have rules about rotor sizes front vs. rear, face composition etc. I would think that pinching a larger radius rotor near the edge has more decelerating property. I believe it does, but its effect from the rear may be hard to notice, I agree.

I can say this, after bedding the brakes for the past 30 minutes, they started to grip so good I got woozy.

Here's what they look like.

Front
eradispeed1.jpg

Rear
eradispeed2.jpg

Sesshomurai

I have HP Plus pads on the front already (added the titanium pad plates ). Added the HP Plus pads on the rear. With these rotors there will be less brake fade (on the track) and thus better braking power later in a session than with the other rotors. That's my prime motivation. :)

I also use HP Plus on my front rotors for track days and they are a nice improvement over stock. While I haven't experienced any brake fade with those pads, and I did my first track day on stock pads, I've been concerned that as I quickly move up the learning curve the pads won't cut it. So I have a new set of Pagid RS29/56 pads and DBA 4000 T3 rotors sitting in my garage waiting to go on in a couple of weeks. I'm also hoping they don't make too much noise on the street and I won't have to swap back to the stock setup for street driving.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
Lets see. I drove my Boss today in COOL weather. And I run RS-14's up front (more aggressive).Not one squeak. As usual.

Sesshomurai

One thing about the eradispeed rotors (zinc), the seasoning process is quite lengthy and complicated, but hopefully it pays off.

On the track brake fade is inevitable over time I think. All brake setups will eventually experience it if running really hard and perhaps the ambient temp is hot.

HP Plus still technically a street pad. I had some noise with them the first time when braking slowly (street), but I think its because I forgot the brake grease.
I added it properly this time. There's some minor high pitched noise still, but the rotors are not fully seasoned. Says to do 5-6 days of daily driving BEFORE seasoning the rotors.
This is to fully penetrate the surface layer.

Then 2 days of bedding (even if pads are pre-bedded). And the bedding procedure is quite varied as well.

I will switch to a full-on race pad when I get to HPDE 2 I think.

On my Steeda built track car....

HMS.jpg

I used the Steeda 13" rear location kit and one peice rotor to keep the costs down on my track car. I will be adding this kit to the rear of my new B302.
06mustangracecarwhite021.jpg

Front were Stoptech 14 " kit two piece rotors and replacments (not including the hat) were $250.00 ea

06mustangracecarwhite004.jpg

This combo was fantastic on the track with a cooling duct kit and Motul 600. Never had brake issues. Fade was almost non-existance and I drive hard. I use Hawk DTC70 / 60 pads.

TMO Supporting Vendors