The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

ESP on my CPO Boss

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

So I just purchased a 2012 Boss CPO from a dealership with 26k miles, and they talked me into extending the bumper-bumper coverage for the same as the powertrain (7 yrs/100k) for $1915. Honestly, do you guys think it's worth it? I know there's the option to cancel within 60 days and get the amount taken out of the loan, but I wanted to get some insight from some owners that have maybe had issues to where it may be worth it. Any feedback is welcome!

IMO, if you intend on keeping the car stock and for a long time, then ~2K is worth it.
If you're going to modify and start tracking the car, then it's tire money wasted!

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Texas
I agree…if you aren't going to keep the car stock and want to start tracking it then purchasing the ESP is a waste. Remember the car comes with a 5/50,000 on the power train.

Congratulations and welcome to BMO. Be sure and post photos of your Boss. Is your Boss completely stock now?

I wanted to buy extended Ford warranty, but I asked them one very clear question:
Will you cover the car if something fails while doing HPDE?

Long story short, the final answer came from Ford rep. himself after he checked with the ESP department and explained what HPDE is for them:
Answer was NO we will not cover failures while you are tracking your Boss.
He went ahead and said this is weird as Ford provides a supplementary manual talking about car preparation for track use, YET they won't cover it.

I am confused.

Smith, 444 congratulations!

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel