The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

EVAP system removal/delete S197

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hello all,
Is there a comprehensive how to process of removing the EVAP system from a 2013 Boss 302? I have read several bits of information for removing some of the system. What is removed/capped under the hood? I see the entire system under the spare tire well can be removed. I also understand the need to vent the system with a line up into the gas filler area. I also see I may or may not get some codes regarding the system removal which can possibly be solved with tune updates.
Thanks in advance.

CA
I seem to not know proper forum etiquette; am I supposed to revive a thread or start a new one?

I am looking to change the EVAP system for weight savings in my S-197. Does anyone have a comprehensive guide on what needs to be done?

Most interested in not having the tank leak gas in a rollover, still be able to fill the tank with a gas pump, what plugs do I need for lines which go to the engine, etc.

Thanks all

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Cincinnati, OH
Bump as I need to do mine as well. I was considering just running the two lines to each other and being done with it. Just bypassing the canister instead of deleting hoses etc.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Cincinnati, OH
@BKBoss302 I just finished mine up. There are three lines coming from the evap canister. One is a vent and stays with the canister. The second comes from the fuel tank. It needs to be vented. I cut mine by the axle and left as is. Others have routed a hose up to the filler neck and terminated it behind the gas cap like OE's used to do. The third line goes all the way up front to a solenoid and then the intake manifold. I disconnected the line from the manifold and plugged the manifold so there are no vacuum leaks. That line can then be removed along with the solenoid or left in place. Its pretty easy once you get under there and track what goes where.

@BKBoss302 I just finished mine up. There are three lines coming from the evap canister. One is a vent and stays with the canister. The second comes from the fuel tank. It needs to be vented. I cut mine by the axle and left as is. Others have routed a hose up to the filler neck and terminated it behind the gas cap like OE's used to do. The third line goes all the way up front to a solenoid and then the intake manifold. I disconnected the line from the manifold and plugged the manifold so there are no vacuum leaks. That line can then be removed along with the solenoid or left in place. Its pretty easy once you get under there and track what goes where.
Thanks Hinton! I appreciate your efforts on finding a possible solution. Report back as you get some time on the deleted system. I haven't done anything with mine yet as I have been working on other parts.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Cincinnati, OH
I don’t k ow how to quote on here yet haha. Anyway, drove the car tonight and it did have a CEL. Not a big deal for me as it’s getting tuned soon but I’m guessing if I plugged the purge solenoid back in it would go away.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel