The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Event Pics & Videos

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Huntsville, AL
HVR joined NASA at the Ozarks International Raceway Inaugural Race this past weekend. A very demanding...challenging...technical track. Beautiful scenery...including a family of Bald Eagles. Lots of fun. Will likely be more fun after five to six visits. I noticed there were a few late models there. Didn't have time to search out any of them.

Vintage pics here.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Patrick, I just sold my race car and now you have to post this, and I don't think it was very nice to cause and old man to begin lusting again for a 100 Octane and burning rubber! Oh, well , I will settle for my Mach 1 and Time Trials but seeing all this Vintage stuff with Vintage Racers makes me want to extend my AARP card, purchase a bottle of Geritol, and get me some Depends to wear under my racing suit!! Damn you , and by the way quit using initials for Race Tracks, we have TMO members from all over the Globe and they have no clue where you are running --- ECR , Eagles Canyon Raceway?? Heh, if I sound like a crabby old man now, it is your fault , showing me this OFR -- that would be Old Farts Racing!

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Huntsville, AL
LOL...this weekend we all wanted/needed Depends...especially me when the Red White & Blue 'Vette looped it right in front of me on one of the many off-camber, downhill, blind curves and I came within feet of t-boning him.

Sorry about the acronyms...I'll do better.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
I caught myself using HPT ( Heartland Park Topeka ) and some new drivers had no idea what I was talking about until I said HMP ( Heartland Motorsports Park ) and if woke me up that so many tracks changed names or owners and then folks are not completely sure what one is talking about. That and surprisingly there are so many new tracks out there, just getting finished or in the process. We had a track near Omaha called MAM ( Mid America Motorsports Park ) and then it was sold and became RPM ( Raceway Park of the Midlands ) With tracks like Miller ( Utah Motorsports Campus ) in Utah , and Beaverun near Pittsburg ( Pittsburg International Raceway now ) , the constant changes keep folks guessing, so I try to remember to spell out the track , though I am guilty also. I just decided we all needed to work at it since most tracks in Europe , Australia, etc. really push their track name and a couple of times over the years a member from outside the US asked me in a PM ( personal message, ha) what track I was talking about.

Your shots of Eagles Canyon Raceway did make me even more interested in getting to that track in the future, as I have only heard good things about the course and it looks fun!

HVR joined NASA at the Ozarks International Raceway Inaugural Race this past weekend. A very demanding...challenging...technical track. Beautiful scenery...including a family of Bald Eagles. Lots of fun. Will likely be more fun after five to six visits. I noticed there were a few late models there. Didn't have time to search out any of them.

Vintage pics here.
Cool stuff! That's like a million pictures! I like the group of photos with everyone standing by their car. It's kinda neat to put a face to a car. For me the vintage races are the most interesting to watch with all of the variety. Did you take your vintage mug for after hours?

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Huntsville, AL
Did you take your vintage mug for after hours?
Heck no...afraid it will get broken. I only use it at home...only on the weekends. I actually had one LARGE mimosa in it a couple weeks ago.

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Huntsville, AL
Champcar again this weekend at Hallett. Today did not start out so well. We broke a left rear axle about an hour and half in. Roughly five hours later, a trip to the junkyard on an hour and half away we managed to regroup and get the car back on the track. We finished. Tomorrow will be better…🤞

1652577803211.jpeg
1652577825643.jpeg
1652577864422.jpeg
1652577893753.jpeg
1652577919981.jpeg
1652577975815.jpeg
1652577996201.jpeg
1652578016505.jpeg

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel