EVO's Ranger Raptor Review

Discussion in 'Fords Other High Performance Vehicles' started by VoodooBoss, May 4, 2019.

1. VoodooBoss

VoodooBoss Rick Moderator

The truck they reviewed has a diesel engine and it's a bit underpowered but they still like it anyway. With a 0-62 time of 10.5 seconds I'll pass. I suspect if this ever shows up on US soil it will have the 2.3L four with 350 HP which should improve acceleration considerably. Or maybe a V6 with 400 HP? I'd love an F-1505 Raptor but it's just too large for me. I sure hope the Jr. Raptor becomes available here in the US as I would seriously consider buying one.

https://www.evo.co.uk/ford/22623/fo...letter&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter

raptor_ai_019.jpg

2. Mad Hatter

Mad Hatter Gotta go Faster

Sounds good!!.... At least for off road.... power is not so critical... On bad roads have left many dodge rams and F150's in the dust with a Defender. And those only have 125hp and 200 ft/lbs of torque. Down here, diesel is about 30% less then gas so its pretty tempting!

3. yotah1

yotah1 TMO Race

The availability of the Ranger Raptor in the US has been discussed a while back in the press. As the truck has been developped overseas first and only brought to the US market very late in the program life cycle, the Raptor is only available with the diesel engine and has been designed around that engine. That engine is not available in US for the Ranger, hence no Raptor in the US on the Ranger lineup. It's a shame as I really like the looks of it and it would be a great alternative to a F150 Raptor (and I struggle to put 70k into a truck anyway...).

Mad Hatter likes this.