The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

EVO's Ranger Raptor Review

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The truck they reviewed has a diesel engine and it's a bit underpowered but they still like it anyway. With a 0-62 time of 10.5 seconds I'll pass. I suspect if this ever shows up on US soil it will have the 2.3L four with 350 HP which should improve acceleration considerably. Or maybe a V6 with 400 HP? I'd love an F-1505 Raptor but it's just too large for me. I sure hope the Jr. Raptor becomes available here in the US as I would seriously consider buying one.

https://www.evo.co.uk/ford/22623/fo...letter&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter

raptor_ai_019.jpg

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Sounds good!!.... At least for off road.... power is not so critical... On bad roads have left many dodge rams and F150's in the dust with a Defender. And those only have 125hp and 200 ft/lbs of torque. Down here, diesel is about 30% less then gas so its pretty tempting!

yotah1

Ford Employee
Detroit
The availability of the Ranger Raptor in the US has been discussed a while back in the press. As the truck has been developped overseas first and only brought to the US market very late in the program life cycle, the Raptor is only available with the diesel engine and has been designed around that engine. That engine is not available in US for the Ranger, hence no Raptor in the US on the Ranger lineup. It's a shame as I really like the looks of it and it would be a great alternative to a F150 Raptor (and I struggle to put 70k into a truck anyway...).

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel