The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Exedy clutch

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Considering that the name MGW comes from Maryland Gun Works that George's dad started , you could not have used a better metaphor, Madhatter. They still do some interesting work in that area, though the automotive side has become bigger in the recent years. Of course since they are in Augusta, Georgia now , maybe it should be renamed Mustang Gearshifting Works, ha!

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Cumming GA
I recently lost my clutch at road atlanta and replaced it with an exedy hyper single based on the advice in this thread (it's mostly a track car). So far I'm very happy with it. Everything feels better at higher rpm. At low rpm it chatters like crazy though. Didn't know to expect that. Anyway thanks for the knowledge. It was a solid upgrade.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Cumming GA
Im still in the process of breaking it in. I think the noise i'm talking about is just more transmission noise than im used to from the lightened flywheel it comes with. Everything ive read says its normal. Is chatter the wrong word?

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
Im still in the process of breaking it in. I think the noise i'm talking about is just more transmission noise than im used to from the lightened flywheel it comes with. Everything ive read says its normal. Is chatter the wrong word?
I think it's the right word I would describe what mine was doing and what it is still doing to a small extent in Reverse as chatter. It's a series of real quick grab/release cycles.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Cumming GA
I think it's the right word I would describe what mine was doing and what it is still doing to a small extent in Reverse as chatter. It's a series of real quick grab/release cycles.
I meant was I using the wrong word when i said chatter and I think the answer is yes. I have no issues with engagement just transmission noise which is not annoying, just unusual sounding. I should probably say increased NVH instead.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel