The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Exhaust CutOuts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dvendet

Everyone's entitled to my opinion. ;)
350 dollars .....OUCH

I think Scott (2012yellowboss) said for 350 dollars he will go to your house , install your favorite restrictor plates, give you an addition set, and will also feed your dogs for this amount.

MMD

yeah true!

We don't have as high a decibel restriction in England, plus even if your exhaust is way to loud the police won't pull you as they assume that "all american Muscle cars sound like that"

We do have DB limits on tracks, most are 105 and my current GT with Roush pipes is on that limit, some of the more interesting circuits have limits of 95db so i will pop my plates back in for those!

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
I have thought of buying these but I would never close them. Maybe for my neighbor's sake I would but cant see spending that kind of loot on that when the sound best wide open. If the price was about half that then I would get them just to have them but to me there nice but not 350-400 bucks nice.

" Officer, I really don't think my Boss violates the noise regulations. Why don't you actually measure the sound with your Noise Police Audiometer 3000 just to be sure before you write out that citation. I'm pretty sure you'll find that it must have been that Camaro in the right lane that was making all that socially irresponsible noise just before he lunched his motor three car lengths behind me. What a mess. Shouldn't you be back there warning motorists of all that oil and shrapnel on the street and helping him get towed to the Government Motors Company dealership?"

Mike

Disclaimer: NEVER race on public thoroughfares, it embarrasses drivers of other makes and models. Embarrass them on the track where there are more witnesses.

QTP makes a nice product, as for the cost for the cutouts I don't think they are worth it for one reason. Most people, like myself will end up finding a sweet spot and then never adjust them again, lot of money to spend for that. Sort of like having power seats, once you find your adjustment you never touch it again. For the people that like to change it often it is a great piece but I doubt there are many people that will.

I have these as well as several other forum members. I love them. I rarely have them closed as the open sound is the best. But there are a few times ( when wife is with me) where a little toned down exhaust is appreciated. with the money spent on a few other things they really are not that expensive.

According to the manufacture of these cutouts, there is no modifications to the original exhaust system. just FYI.

There is a KeyFob Remote that is extra, or you can use the toggle switch that comes with it system.

only time i use the toggle switch was to test it before installing the remote. remote is the only way to go. you could hide toggle in the console storage area and tap into the power outlet there if you wanted less wiring running through the car and that would also keep it hidden.

2012boss said:
I have these as well as several other forum members. I love them. I rarely have them closed as the open sound is the best. But there are a few times ( when wife is with me) where a little toned down exhaust is appreciated. with the money spent on a few other things they really are not that expensive.

I also have them and I close them when the wife is in the car, or when ever I come home late and don't want to wake up the whole house. Normally they are wide open but the convenience a remote controlled exhaust note was worth it.

TMO Supporting Vendors