The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

exhaust restrictor plates

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
PeteInCT said:
OK - I gotta say it - WHY THE %$#@ ARE THERE SO MANY POSTS RELATED TO THE DANG RESTRICTOR PLATE SIZE? IMHO, there's 2 ways to go, 3 at the MOST. If you have any stones at all and/or if you track the car you take them out, period. End of story. If you drive the car a lot on the street (which admittedly I do not do, LS-378 is a 'track rat'), and you have local police enforement that have nothing better to do then write you up I can see leaving them in. That's two options. Once you start getting into "I want to make it louder but not that loud" it just seems silly to me. And as for getting the right sound, there is only 1 sound and that's full bore, no plates. That's even what Ford wanted, hence how easy they made it to take them out with no residual effects of any kind.

Maybe I'm just cranky this morning ;D Go ahead let 're rip - but please don't tell me there is a 'sweet spot' in the sound if you use plates with a 33/64" hole or something insane like that...

Follow up: It just came to mind that some people/companies make money off of the concept of our side pipes, whether it be different size plates, automated ones, etc. This post was not intended in any way to reflect those individuals or their products. It was solely intended to solicit alternate views than my own, hence the "Go ahead let 're rip" reference in my original post.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel