The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

  • Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Exhaust sound pop

19
0
Have only had my boss for a month or so. I noticed the exhaust making a popping noise sometimes as I decelerate. My restrictor plates are off. It's a lot more noticeable when the track key is on.

Is this normal for the boss?
 
SL302 said:
Have only had my boss for a month or so. I noticed the exhaust making a popping noise sometimes as I decelerate. My restrictor plates are off. It's a lot more noticeable when the track key is on.

Is this normal for the boss?

This is the best thing about having the restrictors out! I LOVE it! 'ROARRRRRR POPPOPPOP RRRRRRPOPPOPPOP!'.

Just because of this awesomeness I find myself driving with the windows rolled down a lot more now :D
 
NP SL, just enjoy it. Popping exhaust basically = performance car, listen to a vetter or ferrari or anything like that if it has an aftermarket exhaust and it does the same thing. My old turbo car with the straight pipe sounded like a gun shifting.
 
BOSSOFME said:
Oh yea! It's normal and it's addictive! It also scares old women and small children. ;)

Ha! My son (not even 3 yet) LOVES it too. It adds a lot to the whole 'Daddy's racecar' thing. He may love this car even more than I do :D
 
My nephew too. He is 14 and we ride dirtbikes together and stuff, can't wait till he is 16 and I can start taking him to track days. He starts bouncing up and down when he sees me driving up he gets so excited.
 
Funny extra fact: I was mildly worried that my wife would think it's too loud for when we take the Boss on trips and such but it seems she hasn't noticed any difference. Guess she already had this whole 'the Boss is a loud car' thing in mind ;)
 
BOSSOFME said:
Oh yea! It's normal and it's addictive! It also scares old women and small children. ;)
Quote of the day. ;D
 
I'm flattered to see my quote as a signature line ;)

Since I "scared several old women and small children" with my CO '12 Boss, I traded it for a GB '13 Boss. Now they don't know it's me. I already removed the restrictor plates and swapped the GT500 mufflers onto the new one :D
 

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
TheMarco said:
SL302 said:
Have only had my boss for a month or so. I noticed the exhaust making a popping noise sometimes as I decelerate. My restrictor plates are off. It's a lot more noticeable when the track key is on.

Is this normal for the boss?

This is the best thing about having the restrictors out! I LOVE it! 'ROARRRRRR POPPOPPOP RRRRRRPOPPOPPOP!'.

Just because of this awesomeness I find myself driving with the windows rolled down a lot more now :D
lol I do this as well even on cold days just turn the heat on a little. I love going through the tunnels here sounds so good. I punch it let out just to here it pop and crakle.
 
[/quote]lol I do this as well even on cold days just turn the heat on a little. I love going through the tunnels here sounds so good. I punch it let out just to here it pop and crakle.
[/quote]

I can't wait to run the Boss (when I get it) through the HRBT just ho hear the roar and drown out the ricers and their fart-can exhaust.
 

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
lol I do this as well even on cold days just turn the heat on a little. I love going through the tunnels here sounds so good. I punch it let out just to here it pop and crakle.
[/quote]

I can't wait to run the Boss (when I get it) through the HRBT just ho hear the roar and drown out the ricers and their fart-can exhaust.

[/quote]oh yes it is very nice. I still have yet to get some one to try and race me at all I expected at least a ricer boy to try or something but nothing. I guess the boss name just scares everyone off lol
 
1,437
352
TheMarco said:
BOSSOFME said:
Oh yea! It's normal and it's addictive! It also scares old women and small children. ;)

Ha! My son (not even 3 yet) LOVES it too. It adds a lot to the whole 'Daddy's racecar' thing. He may love this car even more than I do :D

Marco you need to post a pic of the optional Recaro seat for him!
 
I don't have any intentions of street racing idiots with turboed hamster wheels. I just want to drown out their rediculously annoying fart cans. They can try to run on me, I will just laugh when a VA trooper has them on the side of the road.
 

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel
Top