The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

exhaust x pipe with side pipe options?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anyone have one, know where I can get one? ie. looking to keep side pipes but I want xpipe instead of our h pipe

magnaflow has a catback one I see, but I haven't seen a review or a you tube clip of how it sounds and how loud?

I see ARH has a longtube header setup that keeps side pipes with X pipe but not reviews or videos?

really think I want x pipe on my boss (and maybe headers) but I want to keep the side pipes and I don't want the car too loud, just want to add hp/change the sound

thanks

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
sure do american racing headers. with their heads and x-pipe you keep the side pipes. its what I am running.

http://www.americanracingheaders.com/1/2012Boss5.0LMediaCenter.htm

here is mine prior to install
1003957_603239669708608_1694428129_n.jpg

Justin

nasa ser said:
any sound clips of your car with that setup, I would love to hear how it sounds?
none that you can make out the exhaust that well. I can take my camera with me to work this week and record the drive to work

Justin said:
none that you can make out the exhaust that well. I can take my camera with me to work this week and record the drive to work
that would be great!, how loud would you say it is versus stock (stock side exhaust restricted/unrestricted?

Justin

nasa ser said:
that would be great!, how loud would you say it is versus stock (stock side exhaust restricted/unrestricted?
if I had cats it wouldnt be that much louder I wouldnt think. I had run the car with stock headers and cat deletes and it was ungodly loud. I hated it. its just the right kind of loud IMO now. people will hear you but you can talk normally to someone just cruising down the road.

Justin

2012Boss302 said:
And how was the install???
of the few I have installed. it was pretty easy. could reuse all the stock studs and nuts except for one. having flex head ratching type wrenches makes if much easier.

it took me a full day to install but that was extending the rear O2's and taking lots of breaks lol. i did it on a set of rhino ramps.

these will make your life much easier
http://www.craftsman.com/craftsman-7-pc-metric-elbow-ratcheting-wrench-set/p-00914636000P?prdNo=10&blockNo=10&blockType=G10

Justin

2012Boss302 said:
Has anyone tried dropping the front cross member to install headers??

I ask because I am in the process of doing an oil pan on a 4.6 and the manifolds are just easy as pie right now with the cross member out of the way.
no I haven't you have to raise the engine to remove the motor mounts on the 5.0 to get to the headers bottom two center bolts on each side. I guess it would only be about 14 more bolts to drop the member as a unit. Not sure how the electric rack is attached though but sure that isn't to hard.

Justin's done headers on my GT twice and then again on my Boss. Plus his set and I believe he did a set for his cousin. He knows how to do LTH on these cars lol. We didn't remove the K member once. I won't say it's the easiest install but it's straight forward. Be prepared to only be able to click some of the nuts on the studs like 1/10th of the way each time. That's the main PITA.

Justin

ForceofWill said:
Justin's done headers on my GT twice and then again on my Boss. Plus his set and I believe he did a set for his cousin. He knows how to do LTH on these cars lol. We didn't remove the K member once. I won't say it's the easiest install but it's straight forward. Be prepared to only be able to click some of the nuts on the studs like 1/10th of the way each time. That's the main PITA.
i found the perfect wrenches for header installs. I wish I had these years ago

http://www.craftsman.com/craftsman-7-pc-metric-elbow-ratcheting-wrench-set/p-00914636000P?prdNo=11&blockNo=11&blockType=G11

TMO Supporting Vendors